Monster within (part 3)

Raven

Hole of what. To get out? My hope. What the heck does that mean. Then I realized something.

She was my hope. All he hopes I have inside me. All the hope I have in others. All the hope that I have in myself.

"You get it now?"

I nodded.

Suddenly the room around me started to move again.

I was back to the void.

"Do you know what this is?" Came the voice.

"No."

"This is your fear."

What? My fear. I' m not scared of anything.

"You have to learn to trust Raven." Said the voice.

The word trust echoed for about 4 times and I was back. Back in the tower. It was still empty.

I curled up and hugged my knees.

I do trust people. I mean there was the time I .... how about .... no .... I've never really trusted anyone.

I never trusted the Titans to defeat Trigon, I never even had the trust to let them defend themselves against my father.

I put spells on people to protect the ones I love.

Love is different from trust.

Love it what you feel, trust is what is earned.

And the Titans should have earned trust a long time ago.

A shadow came back at me. It's black hands trying to grab at me. I was up against the window. More and more shadows are after me.

I was surrounded. "What do you want!" I screamed into the frack ness closing in.

"I have already admitted it. I need to trust. What more are you looking for?!"

The dark figures were so close now. I had no idea how I was supposed to feel.

I slumped down covering my head. I closed my eyes and wished for it to all go away.

Some what if a slideshow went through my head.

Gar, Jamie, Tarra, dick, Damian, star fire. They all are gone.

This feeling I had. I felt it before. When flash and Wonder Woman tee tend to kill the two people closest to me.

That feeling of seeing them die Infront of me. The feeling of when I watched the move.

Was I feeling...?

Fear?

"I am scared " I mumbled. The shadows stopped.

"I am scared." I repeated more confidently. I stood up.

"I am scared. I won't let fear control me. I control it! I don't control you!"

Narrator

Raven hovered off the ground and a white light started to glow from her gem on her forehead.

It engulfed the whole tower then all went back to the crystal.

Raven collapsed.

Everyone appeared in the room. All looking at each other in disbelief.

They were back. But how? They asked.

The whole team rushed to Raven side except Tara.

"Are you ok." Damian shook Raven awake.

"Mummy rehashed it.

Damian quickly put his arms around her.

"Good."

Then as quickly as the jet started it ended.

"What happened?" Dick turned to starfire. "I don't know. "

"I do." Damian said.

Everyone quieted down.

"It was Raven. I don't know how but I just know. Raven figured out something and she used that to solve everything."

Tara

I felt bad early. Raven was the one show to save us and the last thing We did was fight and I was the one who started it.

Raven

Everyone went away and did their own thing. I looked outside the window. Everything as it should be.

Green, not on fire. Damian stayed and stood next to me.

"So, what did you figure out?"

I answered him one thing, smiled, and left.

"Fear."

Robin

It made somewhat sense now.

The 'fear' that she didn't admit found another way out. Threw her powers.

The monster thing was just raven's fear.

You can't make this stuff up. But for me right now I am kind of going in a Limb.

Raven has to keep her emotions at bay or she could destroy the whole world if she ever got that far.

I have seen what she is capable of, and I feel like she has more to offer.

While in an abyss with just the team and Raven saying she figured out fear, I've realized something.

Fear, hope, trust, anger, sadness, it all makes you stronger.

Only being one will only get you so far.

It's like chess. You can focus on one part of the board and you may win the battle.

But you have to look at the whole board to win the war.