Chapter 3: Paranormal Messages

Chapter 3

I looked harder. "Ronan, help me" I heard a voice wisper. That did it. I ran down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Aunt Joey, Aunt Joey" I yelled skidding to a halt. "Aunt Joey...a g-ghost...in the attic" I said breathing hard. "It...it said my name" I gasped still panting. Man I'm out of shape I thought to myself. "It knew my name, it asked me for help".

Aunt Joey only laughed. "Catch your breath for a minute Pal" she said reaching into the refridgearator and handed me a glass of cool-aid. "It was probably just Piper playing a joke on you" she explained.

"Piper, who's Piper"? I asked, setting down my cup.

"My 12 year old daughter" said Aunt Joey.

Just then, the front door swung open to reveal a little brunette girl in pigtails came running in followed by a girl with dark black hair.

Aunt Joey forgot all about the person I had seen up in the attic. She went to go see her daughters and I went back upstairs.

I picked up my phone. I almost threw it across the room. When I hit the "on" button, I saw the face of the girl I saw in the attic instead of my usual screen saver (a family picture). I quickly turned it off.

Seeing things I told myself. I'm seeing things right? All those scary stories on Watt-pad are getting to me I thought. Ghosts aren't real.

"Or are they"? Asked a feminine voice from behind me.

I almost jumped out of my skin, I spun around to see Piper. 

"You think out loud" she said. 

"Thanks for the tip" I said. 

"I'm Piper" she said. "This litttle stinker is Jess" said Piper gesturing to the little girl in igtails who had somehow appeared next to her. 

Jess ran up to me and hugged me. "Hi". 

I hugged back and smiled. Jess unwrapped her arms from around me and giggled. Then she took off down the stairs. Cute.

Piper turned towards me. She had a sad look on her face. Don't say it, DON"T SAY IT! "Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about your family". She said it. 

I never know how to eact to theese apologies. I can't say "It's okay" because it's not. I can't say "Thats just life" because if it weren't for that gosh dang high jacker they would all be alive. 

"Umm, thanks Piper" I say. 

"No problem" she replied patting my shoulder. "Oh by the way mom said dinner's ready". 

I was about to reply to Piper...when I heard something...or somone call my name. Okay this time it wasn't some 12 year old girl playing tricks on me. I was REALLY hearing that voice call my name. 

"Tell her I'm not hungrey" I said. "Ill be down in a little bit". 

"Okay then" she said and trotted down the stairs. 

Now, to see about that voice! 

 I walked down the upstairs hallway of Midas Manor. Creepy. There were a bunch of pictures everywhere on the walls.  I didn't bother to look at them. I was spooked enough. 

I opened the door of the attic and ducked incase of the classic flying knives or something. I mean, it was my first day at the manor. I don't know about you but I'd rather not be skewered because of curiosity.

I walked up the few steps and I saw a big mirror in the cornor. There was a sheet over half of it but it was glowing gold. 

Against my better judgement,  I pulled of the sheet and there was a message written in liquid that looked like gold glow in the dark blood. 

Ronan, 

My name is Violet. I'm not alive. I have been trapped in this cursed mirror for 15000 years. I understand you are looking for a friend. I am looking for a way out. Let's comprimise shall we. 

Okay guys I'll have up chapter 4 soon. Read&Review, Bye! :)