Here's To New Adventures

All Rights Reserved ©
HannahDorey

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Seriously Mum,we'll be fine" I had assured Mum for the hundredth time.Today was leaving day,my three best friends and I had packed our bags and messily thrown them in my truck."Okay,text me when you get to the sorority house" Mum said smiling nervously.I'll tell you right now we're not some stuck up brainless bitches,living in a sorority house.It's the cheapest way to live.You got to do what you got to do, that's what Lisa and I always said. "It'll be a long drive so I made sandwiches for all of you" Natalie's Mum said fulling Natalie's empty arms with a bag full of food. "Thanks Mrs.A" I smiled, "Yeah,thank you" Lara and Lisa added. "Okay, seriously goodbye now, we don't want it getting too dark on the road" Lisa smiled hugging her parents once again.We all gave our last hugs and excitedly jumped into the truck.

"I didn't think we'd ever end up leaving" Lara laughed, "Yeah I thought our degree would be finished by the time we actually left" I joked. "I don't think I packed a toothbrush" Lisa announced shaking her head,"wait neither did I" Natalie laughed, "I don't think I did either" Lara said smiling. They all turned to me and I laughed "so today we've learnt that none of us care about our oral hygiene, I didn't bring mine either" I confirmed.We weren't too worried, I guess that's what happens when you're excited, I guess you forget about your oral hygiene? "How far away are we?" I asked about an hour later, Lara looked at her phone, "take a right here and we should be about another three hours" she said. Natalie moaned, "have one of your mum's sandwiches" I smiled adjusting my hands on the steering wheel. Lisa grabbed the bag and handed out ham and cheese sandwiches. "Feed me! Lara" I said creepily smiling, she laughed allowing me to take a bite of a sandwich, "where is that from? That feed me thing" Natalie asked making quotation marks with her hands. "I don't know Nat" I said shaking my head and smiling."Hey, there's a coffee shop about thirty minutes away, do you guys want to stop there?" Lisa asked, "sounds perfect I need coffee to stay awake" I said, "Yeah and someone else can drive instead of Max, we can't let her get road rage again" Lara laughed, "it was one time Lara!" I said playing along.

"Hi could I get an americano,two iced vanillas and a hot chocolate,thanks" I sat down next to the others at a small table next to the coffee shop window. "I swear if i don't get this coffee soon I will pass out" Lisa said, she began to count "five,four" "wow,really" Lara said shaking her head, "we're seriously doing this again" I sighed, "three,two" Lisa continued, "come on Lisa,be strong" Natalie grinned, "one,goodnight" Lisa finished dropping her head forward just as I caught her with my hand."One Americano,two Iced Vanillas and a hot chocolate" the barista called, "Yup,thank you" Lara said taking our order and following us back to the car. "You know one day I'm not going to put my hand out Lisa, and your going to bang your head and potentially die" I grinned opening the car door, "I love you too,Maxy" she said "call me Maxy again and I'll drink all your coffee" I said handing out the coffees."I'm driving" Natalie said. I threw the keys to Natalie just as Lisa whispered "Maxy" "hate you" I whispered back.Natalie started the car and we were once again back on the road.

We finally arrived at the sorority house, it was big and white and seemed old fashioned."Okay here we go,should we leave the bags in the car?" Natalie asked nervously, "we're fine Nat don't worry" Lara said although she looked nervous herself, "let's go" I smiled walking up to the door and knocking, a girl fumbled to open the door. "David? is that you" she asked drunkenly, "no,no, I'm John and this is Steve,Barry and George" I said sarcastically, she looked at me confused and then giggled. "We're the new girls, we're going to live here" Lisa said stepping forward. "Oh yeah, no we don't need you anymore" she said placing the red cup in her hand onto a table next to her. "Excuse me" Lisa said, "yeah, we asked the board of trustees for more money and we were all like really surprised when they gave it to us, so we don't need you anymore" she smiled, "wait a minute, you can't just kick us out" Lara said angrily. "I'm not, I mean you never lived here in the first place so, I'm not kicking you out" she said shrugging, "unbelievable, are you freaking serious, there's got to be some sort of mistake" I said "look you can take it up with the board or whatever, I've got to go" she said, "wait,wait" we all called as she slammed the door in our faces. "Oh my god, what are we going to do" Natalie said her eyes widening, "okay don't worry about,lets get something to eat and we'll figure it out.I think there's a night Diner near by" I said leading everyone back to the car.