Too Many Cushions and A Full Fridge

I woke to the sound of laughter, cliche, but it's the best thing to wake up to. I walked into the kitchen,everyone was already awake, "coffee" Carter said handing me a steaming mug, "thanks Carter." "So what's the plan today?" Lara said sitting on one of the stools surrounding the kitchen island, "we need to stock up on food" Jason said, I nodded "and we should get some furniture this place has no personality, anyone want some tea?" Finn asked,Lisa choked on her coffee, and she began impersonating Finn's accent; "this place has no personality, oh does anyone want some tea" she said doing a horrible impersonation, "ha ha, make fun of the British guy" Finn said, we watched him make his tea trying not to smile, he looked up at us, "okay I just like tea, that's a stereotype" he said stirring his tea, "and your just confirming it"  I said under my breath, Jason laughed.Everyone laughed. "Seriously, lets make a list of furniture and other stuff we need to get" Lara said grabbing a piece of paper, I watched over her shoulder as she wrote things like; stools,towels,cushions. "Should we split up and a group go to the store and the others get the furniture?" I asked, "no, let's all go together, it can be a bonding thing" Natalie said, we all turned to her, "I can't believe I just said that" she laughed shaking her head, "no, it's a good idea, let's do it" Carter said.

Fifteen minutes later we were in our cars driving to the closest furniture store. "So what do we need to get?" Lisa asked, Lara read the list aloud and Lisa nodded along. "How are we going to sort the money part of it out, like I know rent and that is good, but paying for other things?" Natalie asked, "I don't know" Lara said, "we can figure it out along the way" I said, "I swear that's your motto" Lisa laughed, "indeed it is" I said. "Lucky we've got a truck, other wise we would have no where to put the furniture" Natalie laughed, Lisa turned the steering wheel and we arrived at the large furniture store, the guys pulled up next to us. We walked in wandering around aimlessly for a few minutes. "Wait do we need stools?" I said my eyes catching some turquoise blue stools. "Thanks quick draw" Jason said picking up three stools, I rolled my eyes. We hunted for cushions and towels trying to pick out the cheapest ones.By the time we were finished Lisa's arms were filled with cushions, we could hardly see her face, "okay, who let Lisa near the cushions" I said taking the cushions out of her arms, "how did you manage to hold so many?" I asked taking the cushions away from her although it seemed a new one would arrive every time I turned around.Carter laughed, "it's an addiction really" she shrugged.

We packed everything into the back of the truck and left to the store. It was cold inside the store so we tried to go as quickly as possible,throwing in food that we knew we needed. "How long have we been here?" Natalie moaned, "only thirty minutes" I said grabbing some bread, "thirty minutes!" Lisa retorted, "that's not that long" I said.And so we jumped into an argument about how long a normal shop would take.The argument lead us all the way back to the car where we began packing all the food into the jeep. "See you back at the apartment" Finn said jumping in the jeep and driving off with the boys. "I''ll drive" I said as Lisa threw the keys to me.The drive back was only half an hour,perks of living in the city.When we arrived home it was twelve o'clock, "okay, eggs, fridge or cupboard?" Jason asked holding a cartoon of eggs, "fridge" I nodded, he walked towards the fridge, "no,put them in the cupboard" Natalie said, "no, they go in the fridge" Lisa said, "I think they go in the cupboard" Carter interrupted, "thank you Carter, you're the only smart person here" Natalie laughed. "Finn, what do you think?" Lisa said turning to Finn, "oh, um I don't think it matters" he shrugged continuing  to put away the rest of the food, Lisa and  turned on Lara, "no, I'm not getting into one of these stupid arguments again" she laughed steeping away. "Fine, okay Jason, what about you?" Lisa asked, "hey I just want to get this over with" he laughed holding his hands up. "Yeah, we win" I said taking the eggs and putting them in the fridge, I gave Lisa a high five, Natalie scowled.

I opened a tin of cookies, we all sat on the couch. "So, in lighten me Finn, what exactly is political engineering?" Lisa asked, they  jumped into a conversation filled with words I didn't recognize. "So since, I have no idea what they're saying, Max, tell me about creative writing" Carter laughed, "what do you want to know?" I asked, he shrugged "you should write a book about all of us, that would be awesome" he said leaning over and taking a cookie, "Yeah living with a bunch of idiots, day one he stole my cookie" I said, "it's a really good cookie" he winked. "When do we actually start the semester?" Natalie asked, "end of August" Lara said, "one weeks time" Jason said, "bollocks" I said getting Finn's attention, "very funny, Max" he said, I laughed. "Have you guys got all the textbooks you need for the semester?" Natalie asked in  Mother like voice, "yeah, I bet were never going to use them" Lisa said getting up and looking in the kitchen for more food, I followed her. "You know" she said, "I think this could actually work" she finished, I nodded "I sure hope so" I sighed grabbing an apple and following her back to the others, "hey Jason, think fast" I chucked the apple to Jason and he caught it right before it hit his face, "not bad" I shrugged, he took a bite out of it, "oh" Lisa said, "what?" Carter asked, "I have this feeling, something interesting is about to happen" she whispered back. I walked over to Jason and tried to snatch the apple back, he moved his arm quickly, swapping the apple to the other hand, "you seriously didn't think I would be that easy did you?" he smirked, "no but I reckon this would work" I leaned forward, the space between us closing, his grip on the apple loosened and I snatched it out of his hand, "ha!" I said taking a bite out of an apple. "Oh come on" he moaned. "Told you" Lisa said to Carter, I rolled my eyes.

That night we ate Sushi.Carter struggled with his chopsticks, Lisa accidentally ate wasabi, Natalie talked with Finn about engineering, Lara called her Dad and Jason told me about architectural design. "Have you always been into writing?" he asked, "yeah, I spent most of my life writing books and little poems" I laughed, "you seem like a person who has a lot to write" he said, "what's that supposed to mean?" I asked, "nothing" he shrugged, I raised an eyebrow, "I just think there's a lot more about you than you let on" he said. "I think that goes for everyone" I said, "true, but some more than others" he said scratching the back of his neck, Nervous. I nodded, "yeah, I guess you're right."