Chapter 3: Danger at the School grounds

I had woken up earlier than expected. Unexpected by the fact that i couldn’t sleep last night because I had HIM stuck on my mind. But it shouldn’t bother me today. It shouldn’t bother me from now on. It was only a small crush-infatuation to say the least.

I am currently at the school grounds, trying to find my way to the high school department. No one seems to have noticed me yet. I had been walking for 10 minutes already and I finally came to a conclusion that I was...lost. I was never good with directions anyway. It’s normal, since I’m new here.

I stopped in front of a room which I hoped to be a class where I was supposed to be. I was wrong though, because I saw Lee Kiseop come out of the door right after the second I stopped in front of it. Talk about timing.

“Hey, what are you doing here dongsaeng?” he blurted out. It was an initial reaction, I guessed.

I looked around and put my hands in my pockets, burying my chin on the scarf around my neck.

“Well, I guess I’m lost, oppa,” I shyly replied, tiptoeing back and forth. It was pretty embarrassing.

“What do you mean you’re lost?” he curiously asked.

I followed him as he led me to the high school department. It appeared that he didn’t know I was studying here too. Maybe Kevin didn’t tell him last night. It was nice of him to lead me there, even though his class was starting soon.

“Aren’t you gonna be late, Kiseop?” I asked to start a conversation.

“It’s alright. I know someone from the high school department who can show you around later,” he answered with an irritated tone. I wonder if I offended him.

“Oh. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. Sorry for the trouble.” I murmured.

He probably heard me because I saw him nod.

“Yah! Shin Dong Ho!” he shouted while he raised one arm in the air.

I looked at the direction where a young guy wearing a blue uniform was standing, looking for the voice who just called him.

“Hyung! What is it?” he ran towards Kiseop.

“Dongsaeng, come here,” he told me.

I nodded and I walked closer to the guy named Shin Dong Ho.

“This is Shin Dong Ho. He is also sixteen years old and more or less in the same class as you. He is the one I’m talking about who can possibly show you around.” he said.

I smiled at my classmate and he smiled back, waving a hand. He was cute as well.

“Hi, I’m Kang Shin Min. I’m new here, classmate. Please take care of me,” I said while puffing my cheeks.

Kiseop’s eyes widened. I saw that! I wonder why...I saw one of his eyebrows rise in a somewhat annoyed expression.

“Thanks oppa,” I told him to lighten his mood. I think.

He nodded and turned.

“I’m going back to my class now. Dongsaeng, take care of her, okay?” he told DongHo.

“Okay, hyung.” DongHo answered.

Then, we looked at Kiseop as he walked away.

“Do you think he’s mad or something?” I asked curiously.

Dong Ho grinned at me and held his backpack. “I guess he was about to blush,” he answered.

“What? What do you mean he was about to blush?”