Chapter 16: Day of the date, part two :)

Chapter 16: Day of the date, Part two :)

Kiseop and Shin Min had finally arrived at the Amusement Park. Kiseop could feel butterflies in his stomach when he saw the rides like the roller coaster and the viking near the entrance. He pretended to be fine and he laughed it off every time Shin Min would catch him turning pale at the sight.

“So, which ride would you want first, oppa?” Shin Min inquired with her soft voice, Kiseop slightly jumping because of her question.

He laughed lightly and scratched the back of his head and stuttered, “You pick,”

Shin Min didn’t seem to notice that he was a little shaky...well that was what he thought.

“Would you like to ride the ferris wheel?” Kiseop manned up and fisted his hand, trying to sound calm.

Shin Min turned to him and somehow she had a surprised look on her face. “Ferris wheel? Are you sure?” she asked after she let out a nervous smile.

Is it obvious that I’m afraid of heights?! No! Must not give in to weakness! I should impress this girl! Kiseop thought, swallowing the lump in his throat.

No, he can’t chicken out now.

He suddenly remembered a memory of him when he went to a date with a girl. She had pestered him of going to the amusement park for a date, and with Kiseop’s fervent rejection, she had kept being stubborn and insisted on going. Kiseop had no choice then, but to go to the amusement park.

The girl had pulled him to ride here and there, up and down, wet and dry, the rides were killing him, hi stomach was lurching and he had vomited numbers of times, but the girl didn’t stop. The one last ride she wanted to go to was the Roller Coaster.

Kiseop flinched when he heard that, and he didn’t give in this time.

*Flashback

“Aniyo, I’m not feeling well, I’m sorry but I can’t go with you anymore,” Kiseop said, drinking from his bottled water. His stomach was now empty; the lunch Eli had prepared earlier for lunch was now looking inedible and green.

“Mwoh!? You don’t want another ride anymore?” the girl replied with an irritated tone, obviously pissed.

Kiseop raised an eyebrow at her.

“Oppa, please? Just one more ride on the roller coaster? For me?” the girl hugged Kiseop’s arm against her chest and fluttered her eyes.

“Ani. I’m sorry, I’ll wait for you here,” he refused again, but this time the girl’s smile disappeared. She threw off her grasp from Kiseop’s arm and frowned at him.

“Coward, don’t ever talk to me again!” the girl yelled and walked away, leaving Kiseop behind.

“Mwoh? Yah! Where are you going?” he called, slightly confused, but he knew the girl thought he was a coward.

Was it his fault if he was scared of heights?

The memory left him in a daze for a while, but he snapped out of it when Shin Min’s hand brushed against his arm.

“Oppa, are you alright? Is something wrong?” she asked him, her eyes full of concern and sincerity.

Kiseop smiled. “Ani, I’m fine. Let’s go ride the ferris wheel,” he suggested, smiling at her to assure he was alright.

“Ferris wheel huh,” she said.

Kiseop nervously glanced at her to see her reaction. Didn’t she like it?