Chapter 6: Awkward

I blushed at the thousands of possible reasons why he was red and why he was so close to me. Never have I been kissed in my whole life! For the sixteen long years of my existence, this has never even entered my mind up until this awkward moment.

I felt myself shiver. Kiseop suddenly moved away from me, his eyes diverted to another direction, completely avoiding any peek from my gaze. I mentally thanked him for that though, so as not to add to the withdrawn state we were both in. But...did it really happen?

I think so...

If he was acting this conscious, then...it might have happened. Confused as a wreck I was, I gathered up the courage left in me and stammered the word which he wanted so badly for him to be called, “...oppa?”

“I guess, we should head back now, Shin Min~ah, it’s getting dark,” he said, pretending nothing happened.

I swallowed the lump on my throat and nodded bashfully. He stood up, and I followed; we started to walk through the sidewalks of the park, quietly letting ourselves be overwhelmed of the uneasiness of each other. I suddenly remembered something that I was lacking from school today...I lacked a notebook! I looked at where we were going and I saw some stalls and spotted a small bookstore alongside the street.

“Uhm, oppa, excuse me but can we stop by over at that bookstore for a moment? It’ll be quick...” I started with a normal tone, trying to forget the awkwardness that was engulfing us. He turned to look at me and he smiled silently.

Kiseop’s POV

We were inside this small bookstore with a lot of bookshelves flooding what seemed to be the whole space of the store. The scent of books entered my system and I felt a little dizzy. I never really liked books. Especially old ones, their pages yellow with age and the covers stained with dust. I was even surprised they sold school supplies here. I looked around to take a better look, but to my chagrin, my eyes rested on what seemed to be the perfect thing to look at. Shin Min~ah.

Silently buried in deep amazement, she skimmed the books from page to page, as if she could understand the story with just minute seconds of looking at the words the paper had guiltily shown her. Her beautiful brown eyes moved in slow motion, giving her soft black eyelashes their time to shine. Her hair fell perfectly around the sides of her face, the dark brown tresses shining in the fading light. Beautiful.

I quickly snapped out of it when she closed the book and looked eagerly at its cover; flipped it to the back and returned it to the empty gap on the bookshelf. Then, she looked at me.

I swallowed, and put my hands in my pockets, “Do you have what you need?”

She nodded and showed me the pink notebook she had as her signature smile appeared on her face. She walked past me and headed to the counter. The old man told her the price and she took out her wallet to pay for it.

I sighed. I was staring at her. That could be the only possible explanation why I’m narrating what she was doing inside my head, the voice which belonged to me spoke so irrelevantly in my mind. I shook my head and I smoothed out my hair, puffing my cheeks as big as I can.

“Oppa? Let’s go,” she said holding out the small brown envelope in her hand.

“Oh, a brown envelope, huh?” I said, curious.

“Yeah, the store owner said he was nature-friendly,” she replied.

“Oh, I see,”

The door chimes sang softly as we closed the door after we went out of the store. We walked side by side again; I slowly placed my steps to appreciate my moment with Shin Min~ah.

“Kiseop~oppa, haven’t you gone to that store before?” she asked, patiently waiting for my answer.

“No, I guess not. I’m not friends with books as far as I know,” I replied.

“Oh? You don’t like to read books?”

 I chuckled softly, looking at her. “No, it’s not that. It’s not that I don’t like books, I just can’t find time to read them whole-heartedly,” I answered truthfully.

She nodded. I guessed she wasn’t convinced...but she kept quiet. What? That was it? No more questions? No conversations again? O~kaayy....awkward again.

I sighed again. Not long after, we arrived at our apartment building. Shin Min~ah pressed the third button as we boarded the elevator. I sadly bid her goodnight as she showed me her smile, watching her as I waited for her to close her door.

“Goodnight, Oppa. Thanks for dinner,” she said.

“See you at breakfast,” I replied, waving a hand. She nodded and finally, I heard her door clack.

Heyya guys! Sorry for a short chapter, I guess I'm uninspired at the moment. Sorry about that! Anyway, thanks for my lovely subscribers and please keep those comments coming! Comments are loved!!!! Updates will soon be delivered! Chow~ ^_^

kalleninlove