Chapter 2

Sonia's P.O.V

I parked my car in the garage of my house. It had been a tiring day at college and I was exhausted. I unlocked the front door of my house and entered in. I went straight up to my room and set my bag in its place. Practically jumping onto my bed, I lied down and checked my phone again. I had one unread message. Opening it, I read that it was a blank message from the same unknown number before. Okaayyy Weird.

I called the number and placed the phone on my ear. 

Ringing. Ringing. Ringing. Dead line. Nobody picked up. 

I copied the number and put it on true-caller ID to check who was the owner of the number. 

'Unregistered number' It said. 

By now I was a bit freaked out. But I wasn't a girl to scare easy. So once again, I put this thing at the back of my head and opened my other text messages. 

I texted Jessica and Melissa telling them that I just came home and would visit at night. 

Don't blame me for not rushing to my bestie's house on the first call, I have friends who text me to  rush only to amuse themselves. I decided to call Crystal (my third best friend)

"Hey it's me crystal, you know what to do after the beep. I'll call you when I feel like it." My call went to the answer machine. See what kinda friends I have. I waited for the beep and then spoke

"Hey Crystal it's me Sonia. Just wanted to say that Jessica is probably gonna have a girl's night at her house tonight. So see ya there."

Me and Jessica have known each other since we were in diapers and have been friends ever since. Our parents were good friends. Melissa came into the group in grade 2 . I still remember the first time we met was when she beat up a poor boy at gym cause he ate her sandwich. Yeah, she is a bad girl. Crystal joined our group in high school. She used to be so innocent so the famous girls at our school always picked at her. We took her into our group and have been friends ever since.

Now what to do next? Maybe some lunch would be good?

I went downstairs and turned on the TV of my living room while taking a frozen yogurt out of the fridge. When I came back, Vampire Diaries came up so I started watching it. I finished my yogurt and placed the empty can on the coffee table beside me.  While watching the series, It wasn't long  before I dozed off on the couch.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Sonia? Sonia where are you!"

"Mother! Mother can you here me?! Mother!"

"Sonia don't come here. Run away before they get you. RUN!"

"No mother I won't leave you."

"Sonia my child they already killed your father. He promised himself he won't let them touch you. I have to keep that promise."

"But mother!"

"Sonia you are the bravest girl ever. You are my daughter and I love you a lot and always will. You will face many challenges in your life but don't ever be afraid. Never back down of any challenge. I love you and always will."

"Mother No! No!!!"

______________________________________________________________________

I woke up with a jolt. I had been having these nightmares since the age of six. That's when my mother got killed. My father died before I was even born. He was a soldier who fought for our nation. Or at least that's what my mother told me. 

He got killed in a battle just before I was born. My mother died when I was six. She got killed by some people I don't know. And that's when I started to get these nightmares. I used to love my mother a lot. She was my everything. When I was a child no one ever really loved me. Everyone said I was the cause of my Father's death because I hadn't been lucky enough to save him. 

I had no friends besides Jessica. Maybe that's because I was too scared of people. I always got bullied at school and no one else liked me. My mother was all the strength I needed to live this life. I grabbed the necklace from my neck. It was a beautiful open up pendant that had a picture of me and my mother at my third birthday in it. It was a gift from her. I never took off the necklace. It was like a good charm for me and gave me the feeling that my mother is always with me in any way possible.

After the incident, Jessica and her family moved to Lincoln for Jessica's further studies. They brought me with them but I refused to stay with them. I really owed them a lot but I knew it was time for me to start taking care of myself. I had to become strong. I was 8 then and I am 18 now.

I got distracted from my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I checked the time and it was 7:00 pm. Who? I went up to the door and peeked through the hole. I saw Jessica and Melissa standing impatiently. I opened the door and they practically ran over me. 

'Heyyyy sleepyhead. Weren't you supposed to come over?"  Jessica said.

"Yeah I kinda dozed off in the lounge." I said.

Jessica gave me a concerned look so I must have looked a bit shaky. You see, she knows about these nightmares I have. Melissa and Crystal also know what happened to me but Jessica lived through it with me. I gave her a reassuring smile to tell that I was okay.

Entering the living room, I remembered that I never shut off the TV before going to sleep. But when I entered the room it was already shut. Wait What?

"Everything fine girl?" Melissa asked entering the room.

 "Um yeah fine. How come you guys are here?" I asked convincing myself that it was just the power control, or I must've somehow switched off the sleep mode so the TV might've gotten off.

" You didn't show up at Jess' so we thought why not give you a surprise" Melissa spoke.

"And what do you wanna do?" I asked leading them into the kitchen. Correction. Following them into the kitchen. They both knew the place very well so knew where to  go. I looked at them and Jessica gave me a oh you know what look.

"As you didn't make it to my place let's just have a girl's night here."

"Yeah  with pizza and lots of movies." Cried Melissa.

"Did any of you call crystal?" I just asked and the doorbell rang.

"Name the devil and the devil is here." Melissa laughed.

I went to answer the door only to be greeted by a stunning girl of 5'3 height, light brown hair and sparkling green eyes. Yup, Crystal Styles was one of the most beautiful creatures to walk on earth. People say we both look like sisters and can differentiate only by the different color of our eyes, but to me, this girl is way more stunning than I ever could be.

"Heyyy Crystal!!" I hollered at her.

"Heyyy Sonia!!" She hollered back.

"Jessica said we were have THE girl's night at your place tonight."

"Well my lady you have reached your destination." I said spreading my arm as to invite her in. She laughed.

We went to the living room where Jessica and Melissa were already waiting.

Jessica was a smart and beautiful girl of height 5'2, long straight strawberry blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. Melissa was a brunette of 5'4 with chocolate brown eyes. Her wavy hair looked like the soft waves of the Pacific ocean.

"So since we all are here. LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!" Jessica and Melissa shouted.

"I'll call for pizza and you guys set the room." I said going to my room to get my phone.

________________________________________________________________________

So this was chapter 2. How was it? Comment your answers below.