Chapter 19

Jessica's P.O.V:

"Hey. It's Sonia Khatama here. If you can't reach me I'm probably busy. So just leave a message" dammit. For the tenth time Sonia, pick up your damn phone.

It was Monday morning and I had to return the medical biology book I borrowed from Sonia last week. It was an incredible book and had helped me a lot in my research. She issued it especially from her college library for me and the return due date was today. If she didn't return it on time she'd have to pay a fine. But this drama queen just wouldn't attend her phone.

Apart from being mad at her I was also worried. Never before did she do this. I had been calling her over the weekend but she wouldn't pick up. I even went over to her house but it was locked. Maybe she was out of town? But why wasn't she picking up her phone? We even couldn't have a girl's night out this weekend because of Melissa's and Crystal's exams and my practice. So I haven't seen her since when? Two weeks? I was really starting to get worried and the fact that no neighbor had seen her go out of her house freaked me out even more.

I finally gave up calling her and decided to pay her a visit at her college after I'm done with my own.

So here I am waiting for my last lecture to end. I was half listening to what my nuclear physics teacher was teaching as my mind kept on diverting to my phone in my pocket. I had left Sonia almost 50 missed calls, 75 text messages and 30 voicemails. I was probably exaggerating but I was really worried about here. She was not only my best friend but also my sister.

The ending bell rang and I was finally happy to be out of college. I hurriedly ran towards my black SUV and started it driving towards Sonia's college. If she was there then I had to get to her before she leaves.

I pulled over in the college's parking lot. Running towards the entrance my eyes caught a jet black haired boy standing by the parking lot. His face was down and he didn't seem to notice anyone around him. Or maybe he didn't care. He was tapping his foot impatiently on the ground as if waiting for someone. I took a last glance at him before entering the college. I knew this place well as I had been here with Sonia a couple of times before. I directly went towards her locker. I was just a few steps away from turning left where her locker was located right at the front. That's when I saw her. She was stuffing her books inside her locker with her back towards me. Well at least she was alive.

I was about to approach her when her phone rang in her bag. She seemed surprised like it wasn't her phone ringing. When she noticed the sound coming from her bag she dug in it. By now the phone had stopped ringing. But soon enough it started again just when Sonia pulled out a latest model blackberry from her bag. Wait a minute. That wasn't Sonia's phone. She had a Samsung S5 that she loved a lot. She couldn't have changed it.

"Hello" she answered.

The person on the other end must've spoken too loud as she put the phone away from her ear.

"Andrew I'm not superman. I just finished putting away my stuff and I'm on my way out. Give it a rest will you?" Andrew? Who was that?

She put down the phone and sighed.

"Huff. First kidnapping me and then bossing me around like a puppet. Who does he think he is?"

What the? Kidnapped? Did I hear right? She is joking right?

Sonia turned around and I was swift in hiding behind the locker turn. Thank God she didn't notice me and went out of the building.

Confusion clouded me. What is she doing? Whose Andrew? I had to find out. I ran towards the exit just in time to see her walking towards the boy I saw earlier. If not that guy must be Andrew. I sneaked behind a tree from where I could see them both but couldn't be seen.