Chapter 18

Sonia's P.O.V:

Entering the college I went straight to my locker. I smiled at the wild color poster I pasted on it in first year of college. It was a wild deep mixture of dark purple, black and blue colors. Yes people I am a girl and my favorite color is not pink. I opened my locker and started grabbing books for my first lesson of the day.

"Hey Sonia" I quite familiar voice called.

I turned around to see a cute pair of glasses running towards me. He wore a blue beenie making all his hair ruffled in different directions. I smiled seeing him but quickly changed my expression to dark and boring.

"Hi" I said trying my best to sound annoyed.

"What's up? How was your weekend?" He asked. Oh it was cool being kidnapped by a mad and brainless stalker and put into prison. Note the sarcasm.

"It was fine." I replied simply.

"Hey you ok?" Damn the sweet concern in his voice.

I just hummed in response and continued to stuff books into my locker.

"Well, are you ready for tomorrow's test?" He asked changing the subject.

"Tomorrow?" Wasn't it today?

"Yeah. Mr. Arnold fell sick so it's gonna be held tomorrow." He replied

I just nodded my head.

"Sonia? You don't seem well. What's wrong?" Ok I have to do something to hide my pain. So I did what I had to but didn't think I could even in a million years. I turned to him with hate in my eyes.

"What's your damn problem? Why do you have to ask so many questions? For once I am nice to you and you think that I care about you? You're not even my friend. Just stop following me everywhere and leave me the hell alone" I screamed at him. Thank God tha hallway was empty so I didn't grab attention.

Damian looked at me with sad, shocked and pained eyes. Pain I had caused him. I hurt him. Bad.

"Sonia I ...." he started but I cut him off.

"You know what Damian. I never thought of you even as a friend. To be honest I used you. I used you to get through this damn test. I used you as a play toy to put my mind off of things. And you were so stupid to believe I actually befriended you. Well guess what. I don't need you anymore. So you can just go away with your pathetic excuse of a life" I breathed out. I could see him at the verge of tears and I knew I would cry any moment now. I slammed shut my locker and rushed by him not daring to look at the damaged boy I caused him to be.

I ran towards the bathroom and locked it from inside. Slipping down the door I cried. I cried and cried for God knows how long. I'm never gonna forgive myself for this. What have I done? I just lost a friend. I friend who could love me. But now he will probably hate me.

My thoughts were interrupted by the college bell going off. The first period ended. I stood up from my miserable position and went towards the mirror.

"Put yourself together Sonia" I said to my reflection. "Damian is safe away from you. So what if he hates you. Andrew won't hurt him this way" I said trying to make a point. "So what if he hates you. So what if he hates you" my heart ached alot repeating those lines. I wiped away a few fresh tears and washed my face. I need to be strong. I need to keep everyone safe. Even if that meant being hated by all of them. I picked up my books from the floor and exited the bathroom walking towards my next class.

Damian's P.O.V:

I stood there shocked about what just happened. This wasn't her. This wasn't the Sonia I knew. But why.. how... I just don't understand.