Chapter 24

"JESSICA!!! WHERE ARE MY SHOES??!!!" Melissa shouted at Jessica.
"I DON'T KNOW! YOU ALWAYS PUT YOUR THINGS HERE AND THERE AND THEN FORGET!" Jess shouted back.
So we are currently in a cheap hotel away from the city in a small town. Crystal said it wasn't safe for us to even stay in that city for a while. If Andrew came back, which he probably will, he will first go barging into my house. And when he finds no sign of life there, he'll probably search me elsewhere. Every possible place he can which includes all of my friends' houses. If he knows everything about me, then he knows about my friends. He definitely knows about Jessica as she called multiple times on my cell when it was in Andrew's custody, and I'm sure he knows about Mel and Crystal too.
It's been a week now. A week since I've left that house. A week since I haven't seen him. Four days since we've moved into this cheap hotel in which, according to mastermind Crystal, Andrew won't bother looking. Damian was at the police station to check out if any trace of the two dangerous brothers had been found or not. The police weren't surprised at the mention of Andrew and Drew Williams. But they were surprised at the fact that a young girl, me, had dared to report a mafia member, not to mention, the FBI'S 5th and 6th most wanted criminals. They had reassured us that they would try their best to track them down. And while they couldn't, they would give me and my friends full protection. Even after all of the reassurance and many people there to protect me, I was still scared. Not just for myself, but for everyone who were risking their lives for me. And these two fighting at 9 am in the morning wasn't helping.
"YOU TOOK THEM LAST TIME AND DIDN'T GIVE THEM BACK" Mel shouted.
"WHY ON EARTH WOULD I BORROW YOUR SHOES WHEN I HAVE MY OWN?!!" Jess shouted back.
"Stop it you two!!" I stepped in between them separating them with my arms stretched on each side. "Do you have any idea what time it is?! Does a sane person start his day with shouting his lungs out?!" I scolded them both. They were both still glaring at each other but didn't say anything. "Melissa your shoes are still packed in one of your boxes. I recall you packing them but I don't think I saw you taking them out" I turned to her. With the corner of my eye I could see Jessica sticking out her tongue at her. Mel did glare harder but stomped her foot and went to her room. "God you two fight like sisters" I said sitting down on a nearby chair. "We are sisters silly" Jessica remarked with a smile, sitting down next to me. That I can't disagree to.

Damian came in the living room sitting down on an old and a bit ripped couch. Me and Jessica both looked at him questioningly, an eyebrow arched in a 'well?' Manner. He looked at us and exhaled.

"Nothing yet. The police couldn't find any trace of them. They checked the place they were last spotted, the one we came to rescue you. But they were both gone. They searched the whole house thoroughly. They said that it seemed like no one had been living there since a while, and nothing was out of place as if it hadn't been touched since long. No fingerprints, no footprints, no food, even there was no water in the tanks. Not a single sign of a living soul" he said. Wow. That's magic.

"They aren't looking hard enough" Jessica said.

"That's not it yet" Damian said causing us to be attentive.

"They even said that the dungeon where he kept you was not there. Not even a basement. It was a neat huge house without any stairs going under the ground. What's more, a camera room you claim he was spying you from? They say that a camera is detected by a certain device that tells you who had been living there and for how long. But the device they had told them that there had been no cameras in that house for at least over a decade. No alarms, no phones, not anything even close to being an electronic. Even network and signals couldn't reach a place like that" he finished.
By now I was shocked. No shocked doesn't even begin to describe how I was feeling. How could it be? That man kept me locked in a dungeon for three weeks and the police say there was no dungeon? I remember the whole house having all kinds of electronics. Laptops, cameras in every room, cell phones, an alarm for sure, and they say there's no sign? THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!
"Sonia calm down" jess said from beside me. Did I say that out loud? Hell I don't care! "The police are trying. These two are just too intelligent. Don't worry, you're with us" she said side hugging me. I was shivering with fear. How come? HOW COME?!