Chapter 22

Sonia's P.O.V:

I carefully descended the stairs as quietly as possible. I was in no mood of coming face to face with the cruelest man on earth. Although I knew sooner or later that had to happen. Reaching the end of the stairs I was now standing in front of the kitchen door where I was ordered to come. To my right was the door to the outside world. Should I? I really wanted to. But i know I couldn't. At least not yet. 

Taking a deep breath I opened the kitchen door quietly. I peeked in praying for no one to be there. Of course I had some impossible dreams that were never coming true as I saw two young men inside the kitchen. One sitting on the dining table with his feet on the table reading something and the other in front of the stove making something. Hating to admit it whatever Andrew was cooking smelled delicious. I'm sure it's the Andreline getting me for not eating anything for three weeks. Slowly I went inside the kitchen making a low noise. That caused two pairs of eyes to stare directly at me. Andrew had a smile on his face. A real smile. While Drew looked sympathetically towards me. I tore my eyes away from him. He may seem like a nice and caring guy but he is no less than that monster in front of the stove. I'm not judging but he could've helped me if he wanted to while Andrew was torturing me. But he didn't, which caused him to fall down below respect in my eyes. I made my way towards the table and sat right across him. I looked from the corner of my eye and saw him staring at me with sad eyes. Hell stop it. 

"Hungry darling?" Andrew asked from the other side. Oh no I am absolutely fine living here with having nothing to eat for three weeks just because I tried to escape this hell hole. I wish I could say that. But I couldn't so I just nodded my head. 

"Speak. Sonia" he said my name with such authority in his voice. 

"Yes." I said weakly, earning a smile from him. 

 Minutes later I was served with delicious looking steak and soup. My mouth watered immediately.

"Bon appetit" he said while sitting down next to me. I immediately digged in (keeping up my best behaviour of eating) and started shoving food down my throat. Man this felt so good. I just wish this isn't my last meal for the next three weeks again. 

"Drew any update on the Navy programme?" Andrew asked. Drew put down whatever he was reading and sat straight.

"We'll have it by next week." He said victoriously and the both high fived as if they had won an award of the year. More like, the cruellest people living on earth award of the year. They chit chatted about some other things that I was not at all interested in leaving me alone with my food. I was just about to finish my meal and was almost full to my heart's consent when the doorbell rang. Both boys had confused looks and looked at each other as if having a visitor wasn't a tradition on earth. Drew got up and went towards the door. Can I go please? I wish. Once alone Andrew started looking at me. That made me very uncomfortable. I mean, it's not an easy thing for a girl to eat in peace while being watched. So I looked at him and arched and eyebrow. Hell he was smiling at me. Why was he smiling? 

"What?" I asked. I was expecting an answer like 'I enjoy watching you while you eat like a cow' or 'I find this mustard on your face interesting' or 'Hell you look sexy'

"You look beautiful" He said. Huh? That was unexpected. "You look cuter when you blush" he said poking my cheek. I was blushing? Why was I blushing? I was about to open my mouth to answer when a loud bang came from the corridor. Both our heads snapped in the direction of the sound and in came two pair of legs running. Behind them was Drew who was trying to stop them with question "Who the hell are you?!"

"What the hell is going on here!?" Andrew shouted standing up. "Who the hell are you? Get out of my house!" more shouting. Now was the time I looked carefully towards the two men. They had black masks on that covered most of their faces only showing their eyes and part of their hair. What's more, they had guns in their hand. WHOA! Andrew was about to make a move when one of the men pointed a gun at him. My heart was beating so fast I could practically hear it thumping in my chest. But Andrew, despite having a gun pointed directly at him, his face showed not even the slightest of fear. In fact, it seemed like he had done this before. Not once, not twice, many times.