Chapter 10

Sonia's P.O.V

*Next Morning*

I woke up in my couch. I had passed out on it last night after the incident with Andrew. So many things were running in my mind. Who was I? Who was my brother? Is he still alive? No he died a long time ago. He can't be alive. Andrew. Who was he? What did he want from me? How can he say we are connected? 

"I want you to be mine"

His words kept running in my mind.  He thought the fact that both our brothers were involved in the same incident gave him the right to claim me. Honestly, I don't even think anything he said was true. What was the proof that he had a brother? A brother who was killed along with my brother?

I lay there still with no movement at all. I didn't know what to do. It seemed like I'm not who I think I am. It seemed like I didn't even know who I am anymore. I had become a mystery for myself. I stared at the white empty ceiling as I thought of what was happening in my life. 

It was 7:45 by now. I'm going to be late. I thought to myself. But right now University was the least thing I worried about. 

I don't know for how long I had been lying there like a dead soul. When I realized I had to get up, I tried but fell back down. Touching my forehead with the back of my hand, I realized I had fever. And a high one. But that didn't stop me. 

I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and got into the shower. I turned the shower on to cold and let the cold water run through my whole body. I felt relaxed immediately. My throbbing head got some peace. I thought about everything once again but this time in a cooler way. I can do this. I can find out about everything. And I have to do this. For my sake. For my dead mother's sake. For my brother's sake. I have to do this. 

I got out of the shower after a long but relaxing 25 minutes. Entering my room I saw an aspirin on my side table. Had he been in my room? Was there really no privacy left in my life anymore? Could people really just barge into my house and life without permission?

I heaved a sigh and took the aspirin. I went down into the kitchen, gulped it down with water and sat down on the dining chair. I was feeling a lot better by now. I tried not to think about anything that would start another migraine. I thought of what to do since I had no intention of taking classes today. One day wouldn't hurt would it? 

Shopping! I should go out. Besides I do need a lot of kitchen supplies. And it would be best to distract myself. 

I went up into my room to change. I was just going to the grocery store but hey you gotta look nice to the world right? So I changed into some dark blue jeans and a black plain shirt. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and went downstairs. Grabbing my wallet and car keys, I went out of the house locking my door.

At the grocery store I really did get things off my mind. I would usually make a list of the things that had finished but right now I needed everything for my kitchen. Lazy am I? I went through the whole store. From one rack to another one and grabbed everything I needed. After about an hour or so I had almost everything I needed except one thing. And that one thing I always saved till the end. 

I walked to the part of the store where they kept my life. I spotted the huge fridge and smiled immediately. Chocolate. All kinds of them. I opened the door of the cooling fridge and grabbed a lot of chocolates. 

Once done I went up to the counter with a very full cart of goods. No one else was at the counter so I was lucky to get attended. The cashier had his eyes wide open when she saw me and my goods walking up to her. She shook her head and put on her professional smile. I got this a lot. As I usually just come to the grocery store once in a month I do a lot of shopping.