10 long years

"Why did you hurry home just to burn that plant in the incense pot? What was it called?....Rose Root?" he asked curiously.

"I have.....anxiety problems, Rose Root helps treat it.... I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack so that's why I ran back home."

The man looked over some papers with his expression remaining blank.

"It says at age 17 when you entered the colony you where diagnosed with PTSD along with social anxiety" he said as he looked up from the paper to look at her.

Her expression never changed but her hands that were in her lap made a slight twitch.

"To be diagnosed with both of those at such a young age.....you must been through much hardship."

She gripped her hands tightly together.

"It also say they tried to give you medication to help with your diagnosis....but you strongly refused it, why?"he asked he put the paper down to look at her.

"I have bad exprience with drugs and I went through hell trying to get off them...I didn't want to go through that again....that's why I use Rose Root and tea."

"Why did you start using drugs in the first place?" he asked as he rested his arms on the table.

"I didn't really have choice in matter.....they forced them on me....easier to control us I guess" she practically growled.

He looked at her deep in thought for a few seconds before he said something.

"Do you still have nightmares Iris?" he asked straightforwardly.

She looked at him dead in the eye.

"I always have nightmares, even when I'm awake..."

-------------

Muir Park, 3 years ago

When she woke up she realized she had fallen asleep the place where she sat down when she got home yesterday, she had cried herself to sleep.

"Great...just great...." she said irritatedly as she rubbed the sleepiness out her eyes.

Bruce who had slept next to her woke up as well and started to lick her in the face.

"It's ok buddy, I'm ok now" she said reassuring him with a smile while petting him.

Wanting some fresh air and to get rid of her sleepiness, she decided to go for a walk.

"You want to go for a walk?"she asked as him as she got off the floor and started to stretch.

He barked and wagged his tail happily in response.

"Aright let's go" she said as she opened the door and went outside with him following closely behind her.

Wanting fresh air wasn't the only reason she wanted to go out for a walk, she had to go to see if Malcolm found out anything after she left in the middle of the situation that they had yesterday, she knew she shouldn't have done that but she wasn't really thinking straight yesterday.

She didn't know if she was going to find him because he probably might not be in the same spot anymore and she was banned from the colony so there was no way they were going to let her in, her only other option was to use one her pigeons to send a message to him.

She had began to walk in the woods when she then felt someone following her, Bruce began to notice too and turned around to growl at the stalker. She stopped walking but didn't turn around, she already knew who it was.