Regrets That Are Made

"Moon?.....you mentioned his name before...he was your lover wasn't he..the one Pope killed infront of you" the man asked carefully.

Iris closed her making tears fall down her face while nodding in confirmation.

"Why did he kill him Iris?"

She opened her eyes slowly too look at him blankly while leaning herself forward.

"Because he loved me and that disgusted him...." she told him.

"Why would he be disgusted by that?"

"Because Moon was a Ape..." she said grimly.

The man's eyes widen in bewilderment at this information.

-----------

Ape Village 3 years ago

"I'm fine...just tired" she said to him then quickly putting the rock back into her pocket when she noticed Caesar was looking at it.

"Where's Luca?..." he asked her.

"Aren't you suppose to know after all your the one who made him my warden..." she said bluntly to him while trying to hide her inner turmoil of what happen earlier.

Caesar huffed deeply trying to control his frustration with her, she then started to rub her sore hands to release some of the discomfort.

"Was everything alright today?....was the work too hard?...did anyone harass you?" he asked her trying to break the tension.

"It wasn't anything I couldn't handle" she said plainly.

"What does that mean?..." he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It means just what I said"

The ape huffed deeply and then walked over to sit down on the log next to her, neither one turned to look at at each other. Iris looked up from her hands to the fire pit that was some what away from them watching the flames dance, she then started to feel the chill so she zipped up her jacket and put her hands in her pockets for warmth and Caesar noticed this.

"Why are you are away from the fire?...." he asked.

"I don't like fire the that much...I know you didn't come here to make small talk...what do you want Caesar?"she said quietly but never turning her head to look at him.

He huffed deeply and turned to look at her.

"We need to talk Iris..."

She rubbed her eyes in frustration.

"Caesar now's not a good time-

"Then when?....do you really hold that much resentment towards me Iris?..." he asked clearly showing his own fustration.