New and Familiar Faces

The man looks surprised by the information she just told him. "Garret actually did that to you?..." he said out loud in disbelief.

She huffed day.

"Believe me it was a shock to me too..." she said as she leaned back in her chair and ran a hand through her hair.

"He began to surprise me a lot during that time..." she said quietly.

---------

Muir Woods, 3 years ago

Iris followed Garret to what seemed to be the shallow part of the river. "Were gonna sabotage their production mine. I suspect that's Grey's operation, Red powers up the Soldier's, and Onyx has said sending him info and hiding in Caesar's populace" Garrett signed seriously at the human as the rain started to lead up "Finally no rain" he sighed in relief.

Iris looked up and chuckled lightly "What's with you and rain Garret," she said as she followed him down the river.

"Rgh!! Itches!" He growled scratching at his arms trying to relieve the itch.

" I always liked the rain...it always relaxed me..." she said as she watched the rain slowly became trickles.

"Rgh easy for you to say Iris" he glared back at her.

She a smile grew as she laughed at the grumpy gorilla, Garret looked at her a little surprised due not seeing her smile let alone laugh before.

I knew that would make her laugh he smiled in his mind.

"Can you see the clearing?" He asked the human woman.

The young woman quickly became serious when she saw where he was pointing "Yea..." she said quietly.

Down the stream led to a more rockier terrain.

"If you see Onyx don't ever hesitate, kill him with all of your rage same with Grey and Red...I can't have you be a liability" he eyed Iris.

The trees were getting more clearer knowing there are tree stumps ahead, Iris tightened her hold on the machete at this, she really didn't want to kill but due to recent events she didn't know if it was unavoidable, she was really afraid she revert to her inner darkness and wouldn't be able to come out.

"Iris!" He snapped his fingers at her fingers "Are you listening?" He asked.

She snapped back to reality to look at him a little in shock but quickly regain her composer. "Yea....yea I am I'm just thinking...about things," she said as her eyes quickly caught sight of an old fire watch station.

"Don't give in to the thoughts they will bring you down, believe it or not, your mind is your true enemy?" he said.

"Trust me, Garret, if you went inside my mind you would be truly scared about what you might find in there," she said as walked through dense greenery while still eyeing the fire watch station.

"Were almost there" he whispered.

*Bam!* A gunshot fired.

Iris lowered her self onto the ground on instinct and looked around in a panic. "Garret what was that!" she hissed loudly under her breath.

"Stay the fuck back or else you'll get the second shot to the fuckin head!" A female voice called out.

Iris spotted a woman aiming a weapon at them with her finger on the trigger more ready to fire again. Iris got up slowly and looked at the woman hard and emotionless "Trust me when I say this bitch that gun won't be able to protect you from me"