Are you my Aunt?

"I knew your father had died but I never knew of what nature...most thought the Simian Flu killed him..." the man said queitly.

She chuckled grimly.

"Of course that would be karma, to be killed by the same virus you created..." She said with her hands clenched trying not to choke up.

No...that wasn't what killed him...not at all..over the years she heard others curse her father as they loved ones died infront of them, wishing they could kill the very man they blamed for the down fall of humanity itself...

"Did you ever find the person who killed him?....Was it even a person?" he asked curiously.

"Trust me it was a person...I saw it myself..." she said softly with her eyes closed, tears now falling down her face.

"Are you telling me you witnessed it?"

"I witnessed the whole God damn thing..." she said hoarsly.

"Did you ever see the murderer again?" he asked getting interested.

She gritted her teeth.

"Yes..."

"What did you and your brother do when-

"Can we change the subject please!" she snapped at him.

The man quite taken back by her outburst, since she hadn't once raised her voice through the interview. He quickly regained his professional composure.

"Alright...Did you and your brother ever have disagreements before?"

"Believe it or not we were close as kids but after being separated for 10 years....going through what we went trough..."

She leaned back in the chair and sighed.

"We got older...things changed..." She said as she ran her hand through her hair.

He continued to listen.

"Even though there were times I wanted to punch him...he was my brother...I loved him...and he loved me as well but because I was so stupid it took me awhile to believe that he still did" She started to tear up at the last part.

"All siblings fight...it's pretty normal" the man said trying to reassure her.

"Yeah but the fighting would get so bad that I couldn't be around him for more than 10 minutes..."

"But you kept ending up going to see him....why?"

She brought her hands together and gripped them.

"Blue Eyes...his son...would often come to see me and his wife Cornelia, Blue Eyes mother would often invite me to come to their home....there was also certain circumstances where I had no choice but to stay with them for a awhile...more then once...he was hard to avoid."

"So why didn't you refuse the invitations or turn Blue Eyes away."

She chuckled.

"Cornelia was a stubborn female, it was hard to deny her...and Blue was as stubborn as both his parents combined so he would have kept coming back now matter what I did....Caesar was my brother so they considered me family..."She said softly.

She then closed her eyes tightly trying her best not to continue crying, remembering events from a year ago.

"Where you close to them?"

"Very...very close."

----------

Muir Park, 3 years ago