9

Harry's POV

April 11, 1912 - 1:30pm

I smiled as we climbed out of the pool. Jane tossed me a towel as she dried herself off and I tried to do the same without glancing at her too much. But it was pretty hard. 

She had a beautiful body. It wasn't super skinny, but it was normal. It was healthy. What amazed me more was how confident she was with herself. She walked with an elegance and poise that made me want to pin her up against a wall and kiss her-

No, never mind that.

I cleared my throat as I wrapped the towel around myself. I smiled at her and nodded to the change room.

"I'll just go change and come back," I said. She smiled and nodded and I walked into the change room to remove my swimwear and put on my old clothes. I sighed as I folded the rich fabric of the swim suit that I knew I'd never be able to afford on my own. I decided I better go give it back to Jane, so she would decide what to do with it. After I had changed back into my own clothes, I picked up the folded suit and walked outside to find her already dressed and waiting.

I handed her the suit, smiling as she looked at me puzzled.

"You bought it for me," I answered, "I don't know what to do with it so-"

"Keep it," she said, handing it back to me. I shook my head and went to go give it to her when she stepped back and looked at me pointedly.

"I bought them for you. Think of it as a present," she smiled. I looked down at the suit and back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"A gift?" I smirked. She blushed and shrugged.

"Now," she coughed, "will you show me how to 'have fun' as you like to say? Or what?"

I laughed and nodded, leading her out of the swimming pool and towards the deck.  

~

We forgot about the party that she had to go to. By the time we remembered, we had already been about thirty minutes late. 

I stood outside Jane's room as she got dressed, fiddling with my shirt.

"I don't think I should come, Jane," I muttered, playing with my suspenders.

"Why not?" she called from inside. I bit my lip and looked down at my boots.

"I'm not rich," I said, "I know for a fact that they'll make jokes and things like that."

Jane opened the door and revealed herself to me. I widened my eyes as I took in her appearance. She wore a beautiful black gown with a scarf wrapped around her shoulders. Her hands wore delicate, white silk gloves as she smiled up at me with her red lips. Her hair was done up in a bun and she looked beautiful.

"You look beautiful," I said. She blushed and nodded.

"Thank you," she whispered, "and as for your appearance.."

She stepped aside and pointed to her bed, where a sharp black tux lay on the bed. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her.

"Another gift?" I joked, walking inside. She laughed and closed the door behind her, walking up next to me as I felt the fabric.

"Nope," she said, "this is my father's. But he has so many that he won't even notice."

I nodded and looked at her.

"Right," she said, "I'll uh..wait outside."

I changed quickly and sighed to myself as I looked in the mirror. I frowned slightly as I tried to adjust the uncomfortable material on my body.