18

One more day left until the sinking....hehe will they live, or not? Or will one die and the other live? 0.o

Harry's POV

April 13th, 1912 - 9:45am

I yawned as I woke up in my stateroom. I blinked twice as I felt a body next to mine and I looked over, puzzled. My confusion washed away however, when I saw Jane sleeping next to me. She was bare: covered by the sheets and her clothes were strewn about the bed, as were mine. She cuddled into my body, clinging to me with the small space given to us by the small bed.

I rolled myself to face her, wrapping an arm around her body before I leaned forward to kiss her. I pressed my lips to her cheek, before leaning down to bring them to her neck. She inhaled sharply before she whimpered slightly.

"Harry," she grumbled, lacing her fingers through my hair as I kissed her skin.

"Morning, darling," I whispered, "I'm assuming last night was alright?"

She smiled sheepishly and covered her face as I looked up at her, causing me to smile myself.

"It was," she whispered. I smiled and hovered over her, placing my hands on either side of her face. She looked up at me with tired eyes as I stared at her. I was about to lean in to kiss her when I heard a cough from beside me.

Shit.

I looked over to see Fred sitting on his bed with a smirk as he looked at us. I cleared my throat and shuffled to lay down next to Jane, pulling the covers up to her chin to keep her hidden from my best friend.

"Morning," I said, as Jane blushed and bit her lip, closing her eyes with a sheepish smile.

"When, uh, when did you get in?" I asked. Fred chuckled.

"About ten minutes ago," he smiled, "I spent the night with Millicent."

I smirked and shook my head, letting out a chuckle as I sat up and rubbed my face with my hands. 

"Anyways," Fred said, getting up, "as always, it's a pleasure, Jane. I'll be seeing you, Harold."

He nodded at Jane and winked at me before he laughed and left the room. It was quiet for a while before I felt Jane sit up, holding the blankets to her chest as she leaned into my shoulder. She rested her head on my bicep and peeked over at me. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

Last night's lustful activities proved to me more than anything that I was in fact more or less in love with Jane. I wasn't going to tell her yet, but I wanted to keep her with me as much as I could.

"I think that was the second time we had slept together," she whispered, pressing her lips against my skin. I looked at her.

"And?" I asked, smiling. She smiled at me and shrugged.

"I'm not sure, really," she smiled, "I'm just happy."

I laughed and leaned down to kiss her, "I am too."

~

We got dressed and went our separate ways. Jane managed to make her way to the first class dining room for breakfast before her parents were able to arrive while I just simply loitered around the boat deck, minding my own business. 

It's not till I felt a hand on my arm that I turned.

"Hello," Jane's mother, Margaret greeted. I swallowed and nodded.

"Hello, ma'am," I replied. She looked stoic, her posture tightly upright, almost as if she had a long cane tied to her back to keep her up, and she held her hands in front of her. She looked at me as though she was looking at a bug that needed to be squashed, a parasite.

"I know you're not of the first class community," she stated, causing my cheeks to heat, "and I know you and my daughter have...something. But I would ask that whatever it is, you stop it at once. She's to be married, Harry. To a banker-"

"Mark Johnson," I interrupted, "I know. She told me. But does she want to marry him?"

"Excuse me," she asked, "what on earth are you-"

"Begging your pardon ma'am," I said, feeling a sudden urge to defend Jane, "but she's only eighteen. She has her whole life ahead of her and she has so many dreams and aspirations. You're just going to make her throw all of that away?"

"What the hell do you think you understand about my daughter?" she scoffed, "you've only known her for three days!"

"These three days have been enough," I replied, "she wants to be free to do her own thing. The only reason that she's not saying this to you is because she loves you. I'm not trying to change her, or corrupt her, because I know that's what you think I'm doing...but I'm just trying to show her that she can find happiness in the simplest things."

"She is a first class girl, Harry," Margaret sighed, looking out at the ocean before her stern eyes returned to mine, "she will not be romanced by someone of your stature."

I felt a sharp pang of hurt wash through me as I realized, once again, who I was to these people. Normally, I wouldn't feel hurt at all, because my life had been amazing. But this was Jane's parent's - the people who had raised her and given her everything. 

It was like a wake up call. As I looked at Jane's mother, I realized that perhaps she was right. People like Jane weren't meant to fall in love with people like me. I couldn't deny her parents the right to do just that - parent her. I had to respect their wishes because after all, they knew her best. And realistically speaking, who was I to take Jane from them? Who was I to break off an engagement and run away with the rich girl? Stuff like that only happens in the movies, or books. It wasn't real life. 

I guess I would have to let her go after all. 

"I," I paused, looking down, "I understand. Do tell her...and would you just do me a favor?"

She looked at me, "depends on what it is."

"Would you please just make sure," I sighed, looking at her, "that no matter where she is, or who she is with, that she's always happy? That's all she deserves."

Margaret's lips parted slightly and her eyebrows rose as she looked at me. She said nothing and I took that as my cue to leave the area so I bid my farewells and nodded. I walked away with my hands in my pockets and tears in my eyes. I was in love with Jane, there was no doubt. 

But it was because of my love for her that I had to stop seeing her. If she was to be with me, to live with me and get married, she'd be subject to a life of poverty. Everything that she'd be used to - the riches, the diamonds and the parties - they'd all be gone. She was amazing, beautiful and incredibly chatty, but I knew then, that she wasn't meant to be mine. 

She never was.

----------------------------------------------------------

:( sad.

I hope you liked this chapter. I'll see if I can update again soon. I have a ten page essay to write for school HHAHAHAHA 

Anyways,

Vote and comment!

Love always,

S