Pidge is Confuzzled and Sad

Hungry. Lonely. Dark. Her mind raced as she tried to process her surroundings. Not home, or the library. Not the Garrison Lab Daddy worked at. Not Matt's school. Not Mama's Office. Where were her parents? Where  was Matt?

"Mama? Matt? Daddy? I scawed.  Weaw awe I?" She asked, feeling the green and black metal around her small body. She felt a weight on her head. She reached up to feel it. A helmet, much to big to fit her. Why was she wearing a helmet? She jumped as an unfamiliar voice filtered through it.

"Pidge? How's Green? That was a crazy hit you just took. How are you?"

Who was this? He sounded worried. She didn't know him.  He wasn't one of Matt's friends. He wasn't Uncle Shiro, who came over for dinner every Tuesday because Daddy  worked with him. It wasn't...

"Pidge? Do... read... need help?... ay, come... get y...now." The voice cut off, leaving her very confused. Who was this person. Was he talking to her? Who was Pidge? Was that her? She didn't think so. All of the sudden, she felt a jolt, as if she was in her stroller and Matt had turned it around really fast just to make her giggle.

"Matt! Stoppit!" She giggled.

"Pidge... down... backup...Allura... help?"

This voice was familiar. This one was-- "Siwo!" she yelled. "Weee!"

She tried to talk to him, but she got no reply. Was he mad at her? Had she done something wrong? Was she in trouble?

A minute later, she crashed into something hard. But it didn't hurt. It was more like bumping the toy cart into the cart rack at preschool. It was just a connection, not really a crash at all. Light flooded in as a large hatch swung open behind her.

"Siwo?" She whispered, before turning around. She saw a lot of people, none of them looking at her. They were looking at the chair in the front of the small green room. She looked too.

"What awe we wookin at?" She whispered to the boy closest to her, a serious looking kid with black hair and a red jacket. He turned to her, startled. He yelped.  She began to cry. Why didn't anybody see her? Was she invisible? Did she look scary?

The rest of the turned to check her out too. She saw a man with silly orange hair, a pretty lady with white hair, a boy with blue pantson, a big guy with an orange headband, and...

"Siwo! I scawed! Who awe dees peepole? Weaw is mama and Matt? Weaw is Daddy?" She began to cry anew, tears streaming down her cheeks and falling onto the enourmous green and white jacket she had on.

"Pidge? Is that you?" The boy in red asked.

"No. I donnow who dat is. I Katie." She said, sniffling as she reached up to wipe her eyes, arms still in the humongously large shirt sleeves.

"Katie? Who are you? are you human? Where did you come from?" The boy in the big, poofy sweater asked. She shrugged.

"Lance, Hunk, Keith, Allura, Coran, this is Katie," Shiro said. "This is Pidge, as her family used to know her."