Keith Throws a child

So, sorry for the short chapters, my computer wont let me do too many words at a time, so I'll look into that. I try to do a few a day, but I'm not really sure right now. Without further ado, I present... Sleepy Katie!

Ow. She hurt. Her whole body did. Her head, and neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, stomach, guts, ankles, fingers, wrists, toes, anything that could  hurt did

"Siwo?"

"Yes Katie?"

"Where Gwumpy Keef go?" After her trip to the med bay, she was supposed to fall asleep. But, much like her older self, she didn't know how to do that on purpose. So Shiro came to sit by her bed until she did. Meaning he got roped into a four hour babysitting shift.

"Uh, I think he went to the training deck. Would you like to go watch him?"

"Yeah!" She didn't tell him that being picked up hurt like fire, or that she really wanted to go to the bathroom. Just getting out of her bed was a reward in itself for her patience. She didn't care about pain. It didn't matter. She didn't want to worry him.

At the training deck, Keith was startled to see a toddler in a fuzzy green onesie hurdling out onto the white polished floor of the gladiator ring. "Pidge! No! Stop!" He heard. Shiro. Crud. The robot. He swung, missed, and overbalanced, falling to the floor with the bang of skull on concrete.

"Keef!" The child screeched, hobbling over to him as fast as her tiny legs would allow. She stopped short, seeing the robot gladiator raising it's sword. "Siwo! Help!" She screeched, right in Keith's ear. He hopped up, and, in the same moment, fell down, stumbling from a probable concussion. He grabbed at her ankle, missed, reached again, caught her, and, in one swift moment, his eyes glowed yellow, and his ears lengthened out, while he swirled her up, into the air, and straight into Shiro's unprepared but able arms, leaving her safely out of harm's way. But before he could do anything else, the Gladiator struck him on the back of the neck, and his vision faded to nothingness.