Panic Attack

While Keith was realizing the stupidity of his actions, the lions were nearing Habris.

"Coran--" the communicator buzzed through the castle's alarm system. "Coran... you... messed up big time! Are... you sorry!"

Coran didn't even blink at the sharp message the words blared, only saved the file of it and signaled Allura to steer the ship over to the pod.  She activated the tractor beam and pulled the pod into a docking zone.

"Paladins, return to the ship immediately! Do not remove your armor. This may be a trap."

"Ha! Looks like we got it, Shiro." Lance crowed in triumph.

"We have it, yes. Him or her, we don't know about." The leader was less reluctant to see the bright side.

The lions docked and the blue, black, and yellow paladins ran toward the escape pod zone. Shiro slid open the door slowly, and Lance had his gun raised to his shoulder cautiously.

The door opened to a view of a screaming Pidge and a Keith unlike anything they'd ever seen. He was crouched in a corner of the pod, his arms over his head, gripping his hair tightly. Hunk rushed to pick up the upset baby and Lance dashed to the part Galra. Lance gently pulled his hands away from his face, squeezing with wrists comfortingly. Keith's eyes were wide and he was hyperventilating. The panicked boy tried to tug at his hair again but Lance held his hands tightly. Shiro moved in, trying to pull Keith to his feet. The dark haired teen struggled and tried to kick him away.

"Hold on Shiro. Give him space. Let me handle this." The blue paladin said quietly. He turned back to Keith. "What do you see?"

The red paladin opened his eyes reluctantly and gazed around slowly. "A-- Allura." He whispered.

"Good!" The Cuban said kindly. "Do you like Allura?" Keith nodded. "Is she kind?" He nodded agin. "What color is her hair?" He asked. "Where is she. How old is she? Who is with her?" He asked a dozen questions, and Keith responded slowly and deliberately to each one. His breathing slowed and his eyes closed again. He stood up and walked out of the pod and down the hallway.

"What just happened." Shiro asked. "What was that? What happened to him? What did you do? How did you know it would help?"

"It was basic stuff." Lance stared down at his boots. "My sister has anxiety and has panic attacks when she's overwhelmed. I recognized the symptoms. It was just a grounding technique. If you get them out of their own head, they calm down."

(REAL THING, YOU CAN USE IT)