one

7:00. it was 7:00 and i was eagerly waiting to go on a date with the boy of my dreams.

ever since 3 years ago when douglas booth first moved from london, england to this dreaded city of seattle i have been madly in love with him.

he is gorgeous. his hair is perfectly placed and his smile could brighten anyones day alone. his english accent was to die for making every word he spoke sound ten times as interesting.

i had met douglas through my brother andy, who took him under his wing as soon as he moved here.

andy was a senior at the time and captain of the football team so douglas became popular, and fast. everyone was dying to date the utterly attractive douglas booth and now i finally had the chance.

in the midst of my daydreaming my phone vibrated.

douglas: i might be a little late

i texted back, what's wrong? are you okay?

i became slightly nervous and starting pacing around the room.

*just traffic, that's all. don't worry.*

i sighed and sat down on my couch. with andy in college at nyu i was living alone with my mother.

my mum was also going on a date tonight so i was left alone when i waited for douglas.

soon after douglas had texted me i picked up the remote to turn on the tv. i surfed through the channels and then finally settled on a rerun of friends.

i was laughing at something chandler had done when i heard a knock at the door. i had figured it was douglas arriving earlier then he just told me and got excited.

my couch made a squeak as i sprang up to open the door. as i creaked the door open my goofy grin immediately turned into a frown when i realized it was just a boy who lived in my apartment building.

"hi adalia," he said quietly.

"hi logan, do you need something?"

logan lerman.

logan was very shy and had trouble making friends.he always talked to himself in the mirror in the school bathrooms and in some classes. your first instinct is to just think he was weird but i always had a feeling there was more to it.

he was absolutely gorgeous and everyone knew it, but no one would ever be the one to admit it. i figured he was only here because his mum made him.

his mother lisa always encouraged him to talk to people because she knew he had trouble doing so. she was extremely kind and was head of the school board. everyone knew her and if someone didn't she would find a way for them to like her.

"i just wanted to see if you would..uh want to hang out?" he shrugged.

i slightly smile and then spoke, "i'm sorry i can't right now, i have a date. soon? maybe this weekend or something?"

i felt bad for him considering he had no friends, and i didn't really have anything better to do this weekend.

"um...uh sure that's fine," he barely spoke and then scurried away.

shortly, after logan and i's awkward little chat douglas arrived.

"you ready?" he asked, god he looked so perfect.

"ready."