five

logan sat down on the couch but when i looked over at him he quickly flew up and started pacing back and forth. i tried to calm my breathing as i sat down on the couch, i really don't want to fight with logan. his face was red with anger when he stopped infront of my face with clenched teeth. "adalia don't ju-," he was shouting, but i cut him off.

"logan, you and i both know that we shouldn't kiss. nothing can happen between us. i'm dating douglas and you barely talk to me. we were both just confused and caught up in the moment and thank god we stopped when we did. okay, let's not have this change anything. we can still be friends and do our study sessions if you want?"

his red face turned from anger to embarrassment as his features turned to a frown. "you're right, i should have never even thought to try and kiss you. we should still do the study sessions and nothing else but can we at least hang out tonight since it was already planned?"

"i don't know logan, i don't want-"

"please."

"okay, but no more twister."

"no more twister," logan agreed.

we decided to just talk and spent the whole night, asking each other questions. after about an hour logan had fallen asleep on the couch. i grabbed a pillow and blanket from out of the hallway closet and walked over to him. i placed the pillow under his head and cover him with the blanket. my mom knew logan and his mom so i knew she wouldn't mind if logan spent the night. she trusted him and me and knew we wouldn't do anything.

-

the next day i woke up to my mom baking pancakes, eggs, and bacon. since last weekend my mom had been seeing the same guy almost every night. i figured she must have had a date with him last night that went well.

"i take it you had fun last night?"

"mhmm," a grin took place on my mother's face as a man walked out of her bedroom. "a lot of fun."

"you must be stacey's daughter, i'm phillip," the man said. he was handsome, and had chiseled features. phillip also had a wicked boston and a sly smile.

"adalia," i nodded my head. "well i'll leave you two alone." i said as i strutted into the living room and sat down on the couch.

once i got to the couch i noticed a pillow with a folded blanket on top which caused the memories from last night flood through my head. that's when i noticed a piece of fabric sticking out of the couch. i scooted over to it and pulled it out noticing that it was logan's shirt. did he really leave his shirt here? of course he did.

i quickly marched over to logan's without even bothering to change or tell my mom where i was going.

within less then 5 minutes i was knocking at logan's front door. he opened it shirtless and with messed up hair. after he left my apartment he must have went home and caught up on his sleep. i stood there for a while staring at him, then realized he wasn't going to speak.

"you..uh left your shirt at my apartment."

"i know..i uh couldn't find it when i woke up so i just left it there," we both spoke very nervously most likely because of last night's events. it was just awkward and made me feel nauseous.

"why did you leave so early?" i blurted out. i hadn't meant for it to come out but of course once again my curiosity got the best of me.

"i didn't want it to be awkward when i woke up. i didn't want your mom to question anything either. i just thought it'd be easier."

"well i'm sure she wouldn't mind considering she had company over, herself." i joked earning a laugh from logan.

"did she really? how did we not hear them?" we both laughed, but the air was still tense and awkward.