three

since douglas had a lacrosse game at 12 i had to leave his place at 10. when i got home i just watched movies and hung out with my mom all day. i went to bed at 10 because i was exhausted and had school the next day.

-

my alarm clock went off at 6. i dragged myself out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. once i got into the shower the water immediately started relaxing my tense muscles.

when i got out of the shower i pulled my hair back into a ponytail and put on the load of mascara i wear everyday. i then got changed, pulled my hair into a side braid, and brushed my teeth.

my mum was in the kitchen making her breakfast so i grabbed a piece of toast and gave her a peck on the cheek before saying i loved her.

shortly after i pushed through the front door and headed towards my car.

-

the 10 minute car ride consisted of me singing along to music and suffering the wrath of peoples' road rage.

once at school i threw a piece of gum in my mouth, then made my way to my locker. i got my stuff for my first class, calculus and arrived just after the bell rang so almost all the seats were taken.

i maneuvered through desks to find the only empty seat in the back corner.

i sat down next to.. logan? i had no idea he even had a class with me.

i shook off the pang of selfishness that hit me, when a graded test landed on his desk. of course he's in my class or else he wouldn't have taken that test. the grade said c- suddenly making me feel bad.

i was so distracted by logan's appearance in the class that i hadn't even realized i got my own test back, a. logan quickly glanced at my test, then looked away when i tried to meet his eyes. his face shifted to a look of disappointment, and right away i had to do something about it.

"you know i can help you with that."

"w-what?" he questioned nervously.

"i can tutor you or something if you want. i have an average of 96% in this class and you look like you might need a little help?" i said the best way i could.

"no, that's fi-" i cut him off.

"i insist, tomorrow after school?"

he nodded. i then mentally patted myself on the back for being so kind and continued with the worksheet the teacher had given us.

-

the next day we had calculus last period so logan and i walked home together.

i doubt logan wanted to but he didn't say anything. when we got to my apartment we immediately began working.

"what do you need the most help on?" he didn't answer. "logan, i can't help you if your not going to talk to me."

"sorry adalia, it's just i uh have a lot on my mind."

"like what?" i asked suddenly becoming more interested.

"oh it's nothing, don't worry about."

"you might as well talk to me about it or it's going to be clouding your mind and you'll have no room for calculus." he slightly chuckled then opened his mouth and closed it again as if he was trying to find the words.

"well, i just uh i don't talk to people that often; i'm just slightly nervous," he spoke looking down at his lap.

"hey," he looked up and i finally made eye-contact with him, "don't worry i'm a pretty easy person to talk to, you'll be fine."

he nodded and we continued with our study-session.

we agreed to do this every tuesday from now on to help him. he didn't talk much only a 'can you help me with this one' or 'this one's confusing' here and there. then logan left and just about a minute after, i got a text from douglas:

*how bout a walk on the beach sunday?*

i smile replying yes, of course, when someone then knocked on my door. it was logan.

"um hi again, are we uh still going to hang out this weekend?"

i smiled a the thought that he came all the way back up to ask that. "sure, friday?"

"friday."