twenty

logan's pov

we sat in silence.

though the tension in the air had lightened since adalia left it was still clouding the air.

carefully lacey backed away but i kept my head down. i couldn't face how she may see me after that fight. adalia displayed all of my insecurities in a matter of seconds.

i could feel lacey's eyes burning holes through my head but i chose to ignore it. i just wanted to hold on to her for a little while longer.

"would you look at me logan?" she questioned as her finger moved across my chin.

i glanced up to see eyes that weren't full of sympathy but of understanding.

"logan," i nodded, "don't listen to adalia. you know all of the things she said about you aren't true."

i stayed quiet, i knew they were true. i am a loser and a freak, "stop second-guessing yourself. you know who you are log, and you are exactly who you want to be."

"shit," i mumbled. i knew she was right, and i fucking loved her for it. well not loved, i don't think. as i stared at her with adoring eyes her face contorted to confusion. my hands moved to frantically cup her face as i forcefully collided my lips with her soft pink ones.

though lacey tried to pull away, i wouldn't let it happen. this girl, makes me crazy. i can't live detached from her. her tongue moved perfectly with mine as i backed her into the nearby wall. i lightly tapped her butt signalling for her to jump up and wrap her long legs around my waist. i struggled to find my way to my bedroom but i attempted, moving in all different directions until i found the correct door. carrying lacey all the way, my legs hit into the wood at the end of my bed causing me to immediately carry her over the board to hover over her on the bed without detaching our lips once.

she detached her lips for a short second to whip my shirt over my head. after she had done so, i immediately began kissing her again, using my hands to caress her whole body.

i moved my hands to her waist, holding them slightly beneath the hem of lacey's shirt. my palm worked its way up and down on her warm skin. slowly i went for the bottom of her blouse, twiddling the hem in my fingers. trying my hardest not to be so straight forward, i began moving leisurely to remove her top.

to my surprise she was not wearing a second shirt underneath the first. her black laced push-up bra held her breasts perfectly. i began to panic but tried to search my mind for a logical thing to do.

using my amateur knowledge on the subject, i moved my hand to cup her breast as i continued to move my lips with hers.

within minutes we were still doing the same thing. neither of us was sure what to do, and neither of us had made a move.

as i thought about what was best for us, i pulled away breathless and plopped to lacey's side on the bed. my arms were sore and i tried to swiftly catch my breath.

i took a deep breath and then turned to my side to look at lacey. she was staring blankly at the white ceiling in the bedroom. her chest was moving up and down and her mouth was wide open.

delicately i wrapped my fingers around the hair that framed her face and brought it behind her ear. this caused her to turn and face me.

"sorry," i breathed out from my mouth as i gazed into her amber coloured eyes.

her face contorted to a smile, "i hate you." after the words had escaped her lips she kissed me again.

once she saw the look of confusion on my face, she smiled and laughed again, "logan, we've been dating for such a short time. i wasn't expecting a bang session or anything."

chuckling, i looked at her and kissed her for what seemed like the millionth time that day.

"lace?"

"hmm," she hummed replying to her name.

"i love you," her eyes went wide. "you are everything. you are so accepting and beautiful and i'm pretty sure i love you and i have since the moment i first met you."

i watched as her eyes softened and her beautiful bright smile showed through her lips.

forcefully, her lips collided with mine. the kiss was short but held so much passion. it felt like it could have gone on forever but instead stopped too soon.

as soon as i heard her return the words, "i love you" i couldn't help the smile that was glued on my face. i released an enormous amount of breath that i wasn't aware i had been holding in.

after we exchanged the words it was silent in the apartment. each of us had huge smiles on our faces, yet we had no idea what to say.

i looked back over at her smiling, "you're so beautiful."

heat rose to her cheeks and within seconds i could see her face tint to pink. she just looked down, still smiling. i moved closer to her, bowing my face down and kissing her again and again and again.

we continued to kiss, our lips moving along side each other. we whispered things to each other and acted like any cliché couple you'd read about in a nicholas sparks novel.

we laughed and smiled and kissed until... "logan, i'm so-"