eleven

as soon as i spotted lacey's dark hair i watched as she walked over with her two bags of luggage. i ran over to her with arms wide, looked at her and pulled her into a tight hug.

when i finally released my arms from being locked around her torso i looked at her, huge grins on both our faces.

"i've missed you, so much," we spoke in unison, causing us both to giggle.

"we have a lot to talk about," i said and with that we proceeded to the car.

the car ride was filled with lacey informing me of everything about paris; the food, the boys, the language, the structures, everything. she had not once stopped to speak of anything but paris, or france, or all things french.

"why are we going to my house?" she spoke as hers and my face morphed into a look of confusion.

"i thought i was taking you home to see your parents."

"my parents are at work. i thought that we could just hangout at your place," when she said this i pulled over knowing i'd have a lot of explaining to do.

"um, about that, my mom sorta kicked me out," i stuttered out.

"what the hell? how did that happen? shit enough about me, you need to fill me in."

so i did as i was told and filled her in on everything that happened since the moment she left. i spoke of almost everyday of pain and joy that she had missed due to her absence.

after i had finished explaining all that had happened lacey was dying to meet this 'mysterious boy, logan whom she had not remembered'.

after what took a lot of persuasion, lacey finally convinced me to call logan and ask if i could bring her over.

"hey logan," i spoke dragging out the 'y'.

"hey adalia, what's up?"

"well, um, i was wondering if i could have a friend over. she just got back from paris and..." i trailed off not sure exactly what to say. i felt slightly guilty asking to have a friend over since logan was already letting me stay and now would have another person, god he was so sweet.

"yeah, that's fine, i'll be home around 2:30," as he spoke i heard lacey squeal from the passenger seat and rolled my eyes.

"okay, see you then," i hung up quickly with a small smile forming on my lips.

"yay! can we actually go to my house first so i can shower and get ready?" lacey asked as i started the car back up.

"sure," i muttered and drove off to her house.

-

what was supposed to be just a shower turned into lacey roaming her house saying things like 'oh my god, i've missed this so much,' or 'i certainly didn't miss this when i was gone.'

it was clear that she just needed to see if anything had changed and rejoice in what she had here that she did not have in france.

she unpacked and showered, got changed and put on make up.

lacey seemed to have this idea in her mind that logan was good looking, she was right of course, but i didn't mention it. she dressed herself in a floral dress, curled her hair, and also applied perfect makeup. i could tell she was really trying to impress logan.

"god, when are you going to be ready?" i let out a groan as lacey frantically transferred from the bathroom to her bedroom.

"i'm almost done, you don't need to act like we're in a rush," she said as she sped back to the bathroom.

"well hurry up."

after about 5 more minutes lacey spoke, "done. how do i look?" she asked spinning around so i could see all the right angles.

"perfect, now lets go," i said as i hopped off her bed and headed out to my car with lacey following.