nine

adalia's pov

the next morning i woke up in an unfamiliar room, with an unfamiliar bed and unfamiliar walls. i shivered then realized I was missing the warmth of logan underneath me and all memories from last night came flooding back. i scurried out of bed and looked around the apartment to find logan. when i couldn't find him i decided to look outside of the apartment. i grabbed some of logan's clothes, figuring he wouldn't mind, got changed and headed out.

once outside i circled around the building, stopping when i reached the back. there, sitting on the side walk, was logan, in the flesh. he had a beanie on top of his bedhead and a sweater with a light jacket on over it, considering it was still drizzling rain from last night. slowly he took a drag from the cigarette in between his fingers and released a stream of smoke from his soft lips. the sight was surprising but breathe taking and extremely sexy; i couldn't help but stand and watch him.

after a short while logan glanced over and noticed me, "hey."

"oh um hi," i spoke nervously.

"are you uh.. um wearing my clothes?" he stuttered and i felt my cheeks immediately heat up as i looked down at the ground.

"oh yeah, i'm sorry I uh-"

"it's fine; you look cute," once again i felt the blood rush to my face and i smiled at the ground.

i didn't want to risk having anymore embarrassing moments and decided to change the subject. "i didn't know you smoked?" i said questionably.

"you don't know a lot about me williams." he spoke playfully then looked up at me, "it helps relax me. with school and acting and every thing that's going on i just need a break to relax ya know?" i nodded, and he began to talk once again, "what are you doing up so early anyway?"

that reminded me of the whole reason i came out in the first place, "i could ask you the same thing, lerman."

"do you have any idea what time it is? it's seven; you must be exhausted."

"me exhausted? how bout you? you fell asleep at the same time as me." i was a bit irritated that we were fighting but i also liked it because i knew we were just joking around.

"yeah but i was asleep before you came over; remember?" i felt a pang of guilt in my chest as he spoke. suddenly i felt terrible, for getting in a fight with my mom in the first place and also dragging logan into it.

"any way," i trailed off dragging the 'y'. "why are you up?"

"it's thursday," he stopped to let out a chuckle, "we have school. i just thought i'd let you sleep since you had a rough night." both his and my face fell into a frown as he took another intake of smoke.

"oh thank you," i softly smiled.

"well i'll let you go back to bed. i should be home around 2."

i walked over to him, hugging him while saying goodbye. we began to walk separate ways when i stopped and yelled to him, "wait logan." i sped over to him again and looked him in the eyes, "thank you; for everything. thank you for letting me stay with you, thank you for understanding, and most of all thank you for being there; not many people stick around."

i hugged him for a second time, longer and tighter breathing in the smell of mint and smoke from his sweater. out of the corner of my eye i could see a grin on his face, which caused my smile to grow. we exchanged goodbyes for another time and finally left each other after a long night.

-

i had laid in bed for a while, thoughts of last night and logan flooding my mind. when i finally fell asleep it was 9 o'clock and i was in perfect oblivion. soon after at around 11:07 the vibrating of my phone broke my state of ecstasy. i lazily picked up the phone to hear a worried yet angry douglas on the other side, "where the hell are you?"