sixteen

an ; this chapter currently takes place at around the same time as the last chapter

adalia's pov

long strides were seen through my eyes as logan walked away, rejecting my kiss like it was nothing.

something immediately came over me when his face jerked to the side to kiss my cheek. when i was sure he'd made it to the car i sent him a harsh text,

'don't bother staying, douglas can give me a ride home and if anything goes wrong i can just walk.'

slowly, i walked over to the towering oak tree in the park where douglas had told me to meet him. making my way over i caught a glimpse of him leaning against the tree, a smirk displayed on his face.

"hello adalia rose," douglas smoothly voiced.

"okay let's make this short," i aggressively answered.

"hold on sweetheart, did i mention you look utterly sexy in that outfit?" straightaway my mind went to his accent and how elegant that sounded escaping his lips, i was putty in his hands.

"did i mention someone else said the same? douglas just explain yourself or i'm leaving," tones of anger were coming through my lips as i spoke to him.

"look baby-"

i cut him off, "don't call me that. you lost that the moment your palm connected with my cheek," i snapped.

"look adalia, i have no idea what came over me, i was drunk and angry and jealous. i miss you so much and i've hated what i did. please forgive me," he begged.

for a moment i thought about what it would be like to date douglas and i didn't like it. hanging out with logan everyday was enough for me.

"i don't think it's a good idea, i'm sorry."

my legs were pulled forward by my mind and i found myself walking away before he could answer. angrily his hand wrapped around my arm, yanking me back carelessly.

"listen here babe, i'm better than him. that shit head is nothing compared to me. he's fucking weird and in no time you'll be crawling back to me like a toddler looking for her daddy," he shouted, the vein in his forehead popping out with rage.

i struggled to rip my arm out of his grasp and ran away, tears streaming down my face.

logan had been right this whole time, douglas wouldn't stop hurting me. he doesn't seem to regret it at all, but logan still supported me.

logan was always there when douglas should have been and i cannot thank him enough for that. suddenly, i felt blind, i should have been with logan this whole time.

he means more to me than douglas ever could and i want him right now more than i have ever wanted douglas.

quickening pace, i started running home to apologise to logan, not only for snapping at him but for not listening when he was trying to protect me.

-

by the time i arrived home, well at logan's apartment, it was nearly ten o'clock and i was sceptical to go in. the walk was way longer than i thought taking it about two hours with two-three stops in between.

there was this constant fear that he wouldn't forgive me, even though in the back of my mind i knew he would.

slowly, i opened the door causing it to creak as it did so.

peeking my head inside, i called out for logan but there was no answer.

i walked down the hall until i was outside his room,"logan," i called out again,"look, i know your mad at me but i'm sorry. i shouldn't have been so rude to you, you don't deserve it."