Episode 11: Who Can You Trust?

Chris
Last time on Total Drama Island, things really got cooking between the campers. Heather pushed Leshawna too far in the cook-off challenge and ended up one chilly mama. Owen had a hard day. (Y/N) led the Killer Bass to victory and the Screaming Gophers got to the bottom of their losing streak. It was buh-bye Beth. Have the Gophers broken the curse? And just how much trust do they have in one another? Find out this week on Total Drama Island.

------

Chef
"Today's breakfast is Hawaiian Italian fusion casserole."

Gwen
"You mean leftovers from the cooking challenge."

Chef
"Yeah, that's right. You got a problem with that?"

Gwen
"Sir, no, sir!"

. After grabbing my plate I sat down by D.J. who was bird feeding his pet rabbit.

(Y/N)
"That's... um, okay?"

D.J.
"You remember Bunny right? Here wanna feed him!"

(Y/N)
"No! I-I mean I can't. But I'm sure Geoff would love to! Right, Geoff?"

Geoff
"Wait what?"

Chris
"Everybody head on over to the dock. It's time for today's challenge."

------

"So, last week's challenge exposed a few Gopher issues. And I'm sensing a little something funky floating in the Bass pond, too. So this week's challenge is gonna be centered around building trust. Because all good things begin with a little trust. There will be three major challenges that will need to be completed by two or more members of your team. Normally we like to have the campers choose their partners, but not this time. More fun for me!"

------

"Okay, so for the first challenge, you'll be doing an extreme freehand, rock climbing adventure. D.J. and Duncan will play for the Bass. Heather and Gwen for the Gophers. Heres your belay and harness."

Gwen
"Hey, what's your damage?"

Heather
"If you think I'm letting you hold me up, you're nuts."

Chris
"You won't be holding her up, exactly. One camper pulls the slack through the belay as the partners climb. If the climbers fall the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? Both the side and the base of the mountain are rigged with a few minor distractions like... rusty nails, slippery oil slicks, mild explosives and a few other surprises."

Harold
"Wicked!"

Chris
"The person on belay must also harness their partner up. It's all about trust people. And remember, never let go of the rope. Your partner's life depends on it.

Gwen
"Can we trade partners? I really don't feel like being dropped on my head today."

Heather
"Please. As much as I love your company, I'm not going to throw a challenge just to kill you, yet. Now spread 'em."

D.J.
"Never tried this before, have you?"

Duncan
"Oh, yeah. They teach you how to climb walls in prison all the time."

D.J.
"Aw, sorry, little buddy, you can't come up with me.You can trust Geoff, he's my buddy. Yo, Geoff, hold Bunny while I'm on the rock. Thanks, G."