WAY - Chapter 8

Justin's POV

"It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride, everything, everything will be just fine, everything, everything will be alright, alright"

Ugh. First day of school.

"Justin? You up?" I heard my grandma's voice call from outside the door as I turned off my alarm on my phone. "Yeah! I'll be down in a bit" I replied and heard a simple 'alright' come from outside as I got out of bed and headed into my bathroom to take a shower.

After about 10 minutes, I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking back out to see Selena standing in front of her window with her back towards me. She was wearing a lacy pink bra and underwear as I noticed she was typing on her phone before she turned around and quickly shut the curtain, never looking over at me. Thank god.

She's got great boobs though.

Not that I noticed.

I shook the thought out of my head before walking over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of jeans and boxers and a simple white t-shirt before quickly putting them all on, constantly making sure Selena never opened the curtain. I should really get a curtain in my room.

After I finished putting on my clothes, I went into my bathroom and opened one of the cupboards and put on my wig and glasses. "I fucking hate you Scooter" I mumbled to myself as if he was here. Alright I don't hate him. I just hated this stupid plan of his. Like this was going to change me.

"Good morning sweetie" my grandma smiled as she set a plate of pancakes onto the dining table across from my grandpa who was reading the newspaper. "Morning" I replied before sitting down and began to stuff my face with pancakes.

"Slow down there. It's not going to run away from you" my grandpa laughed as he watched me devour the food. "Sorry. Just really hungry" I said slowing down on my chewing.

"Alright, I'm gonna head to school so I guess I'll see you later" I said before I placed my dishes into the sink and gave my grandma a quick kiss on the cheek and grabbed my keys and bag from the stairs and headed towards my truck.

"Hey Jason!" I heard someone call out. I lifted my head as I stood in front of the drivers door to see Selena standing in front of a Dodge Dart. "Oh hey Selena" I called back as I sent her a simple wave.

"I didn't know you lived here" she said as she leaned against her car facing me. I couldn't help but check her out. She was wearing a cute red top that said 'LA' on it, showing off the bottom of her stomach and a pair of short denim shorts that were ripped at the bottom making her long tanned legs show off ending with a pair of black vans. Yup. She looks hot.

"Umm yeah. I uh, yeah" I chuckled not knowing what else to say. I heard her soft giggle making me smile. "Well I guess I'll be seeing you a lot then" she smiled before getting into her car and drove off leaving me there smiling like an idiot.

"Ugh I'm such a dork!" I groaned hitting my forehead against the side of my car before getting into the drivers seat and headed towards school, making sure I stop by Tim Hortons first to grab a donut and a frozen lemonade. Don't judge, they taste amazing. (AN that is literally my favourite drink from timmies. especially the raspberry flavoured one)

I finally pulled up in front of school to see everyone outside all talking to one another, girls screaming as they hugged each other, guys giving each other handshakes, boyfriends kissing their girlfriends, but one person stuck out the most. Selena laughing along with her friends, bringing a small smile to my face. 

I grabbed my bag from the passenger side before opening the door, making sure I grabbed my drink as well then locked my car as I made my way to the front doors, keeping my head down so no one would at least recognize me.

I made my way inside, a few people were already in the atrium and I felt all of their eyes on me as I walked into the office. I understood it though. It's Stratford. Everyone knows everybody in this town. "May I help you?" the lady smiled as she looked up from her computer. "Hi, my name is Jason Dale, I'm new and I was just picking up my schedule" I told her and she nodded in response before typing on her computer.

"Ah yes. Jason Dale. Well here is your schedule and I hope you have a great senior year here in Stratford" she smiled as she grabbed the fresh printed paper and handed it to me. I waved goodbye before walking out of the office to see most of the school inside already and they all stared at me as I made my way to my locker.

I went to school here when I was in Grade 9 so I knew where everything was. Though no one knew that besides me. "Dylan stop!" I heard someone giggle as I opened my locker. I turned my head just a little to see a guy pushing a girl against the locker as his head was buried in the crook of her neck. Definitely not going to look at that.

"Hey geek!" the guy yelled. "Hey I'm talking to you" the guy said once again before I felt a rough hand push me against the lockers. "What?" I snapped turning around. "Excuse me? Listen here you little shit! Don't be looking at my girl like that got it?" he yelled as he pushed me once again so my back hit the locker.

"I don't even want to look at your girl!" I snapped and it was my turn to push him. The next thing I knew, his fist collided into my jaw sending me down to the floor. "Just where you belong" he laughed and I suddenly realized the hallway was crowded with people, most laughing, some looking concerned, and some just not giving a shit.

I noticed Selena looking down with her friends around her before Demi gripped her arm before pulling away as everyone began to break apart and go their separate ways. I groaned before pushing myself off the ground once I was the only person in the hallway and grabbed all my stuff off the floor, then went straight to class not even caring about the pain in my jaw. It's not the first time I got into a fight.

Selena's POV

"Why did you pull me away?" I snapped towards Demi as we stood in front of my locker. "Because knowing you, you were gonna go in there and save his ass" Demi snapped. "What's so bad about that?" I asked her. You could practically hear the innocence in my voice. 

"Because now he's the loser of the school. And if you want to have a good senior year, then you need to stay away from the losers" Demi said before walking away making me sigh to myself.

She was right. If I didn't want to get bullied the way I used to, then I have to fit in with the cool kids, and stay away from the losers.

aww my little pookey got hurt :(

damn Demi. that's cold.

*sigh* I wonder what's Selena going to do about all of this....

XOXOXOXO

-Maddie <3