FOURTEEN

Annabeth
The pit in my stomach that had formed after realising I lost Percy hadn't disappeared.

I pushed it to the back of my mind. I would have time to grieve later. For now I have to keep my head in what was happening. That's what Percy would want. I have to help our friends.

“What on earth are the thirteen?” Leo voiced my thoughts before I could.

“That's not really his place to say.” A middle aged man had appeared in the room. He was wearing casual clothes, with some sports trainers on, “my name is Hermes.”

“Okay then guy, you tell us what the thirteen are.” Leo said, not seeming phased by the guy who had just appeared in the room.

“That's simple. You are the thirteen.” Hermes replied.

“There's only nine of us.” Thalia pointed out.

“Well of course there are four more,” Hermes hurriedly corrected himself, “but you are the ones who are ready.”

“Ready for what?” I asked.

“Ready to start training with your powers.” Hermes replied in a ‘duh’ tone. “You were all born with and ability caused by a genetic mutation. You guys are here to replace the current thirteen, the Olympian gods.”

“Gods?” Hazel squeaked.

“Yes,” Hermes nodded, “gods. We're getting old and tired. Soon we will fade. We created you to replace us when we eventually die.”

“I don't belive this,” Thalia shook her head.

“Come with me then Thalia and see how much of what I'm saying is true.”

“Come with you where?” I demanded.

“To New York.” Hermes grinned, “Nico if you would.”

********

I didn't enjoy my second experience of the suffocating darkness anymore than I did my first.

I fell to the floor again once it went away. After I had regained my balance I noticed that we were in a beautiful room.

The walls were lined with marble columns and painted with intricate patterns. The room was empty apart from thirteen chairs that were spaced evenly around the room. Each chair was designed differently, meaning no chair looked the same as another. Hermes bounced into the room and waved his hands.

Nine plastic chairs appeared. “Sit!” He commanded. We did as we were told.

I was still marvelling at the beauty of the room when more people entered. Each of them seated themselves in one of the thrones, including Hermes.

“Welcome to the Olympus cooperation.” One of them thundered. He was seated in the middle of the room on what seemed to be the biggest throne. “I am Zeus.”

The man seated to Zeus's left rolled his eyes, “ignore my brother, he has a flare for the dramatics. I'm Poseidon. I’m going to tell you why we brought you here today. We realised we needed to inform you about the TITANS. We understand that you have all had run ins with the TITANS. They are our greatest enemies.
“We have fought against them for millennia. They were originally a group of rebels who sought to oppose the progress of civilisation during the ancient Greek and Roman times. As people prayed to be saved from them we were created. From the people's prayers we gained strength and we were able to quash the TITANS. But they're rising again and we are not powerful enough to stop them, that is why we created you, our heirs to fight the TITANTS and then ascend to your rightful thrones.”

There was a stunned silence as we all attempted to take in all of this new information.

“Our rightful thrones?” I asked.

“Yes,” Zeus nodded, “Jason Grace, heir to the throne of Zeus,
Piper McLean, heir to the throne of Aphrodite,
Hazel Levesque, heir to the throne of Hestia,
Frank Zhang, heir to the throne of Ares,
Leo Valdez, heir to the throne of Hephaetus,
Calypso Atlas, heir to the throne of Demeter,
Thalia Grace, heir to the throne of Hera,
Nico DiAngelo, heir to the throne of Hades,
Annabeth Jackson, heir to the throne of Athena,
Reyna Remerez Arellno, heir to the throne of Artemis,
Will Solace, heir to the throne of Apollo,
Luke Castellan, heir to the throne of Hermes,
And Perseus Jackson, heir to the throne of Poseidon and heir to the crown of Olympus.”

There was another silence.

“But Percy is dead.” I squeaked in a weak voice.

The man to Poseidon's left shook his head, “I'm Hades, God of the Dead. And I am telling you that Percy Jackson is very much alive.”

Hey guys.
So I just got back from a day out in Split (I'm on holiday in Croatia) and I saw Diacletion's place, which I've got to say is very impressive.
I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx