Chapter XXIV - The Chase

Rem and Marybeth met Jacklyn and Bradley outside the dome. The two mentors didn't waste any time and asked their corresponding students to come with them in the forest.

"Rem, we are here for your training called 'The Chase'," said Jacklyn after a few walks from the forest entrance while pulling Rem's arm to stop him from walking. "You will be facing experienced fighters, who will show no remorse in hurting you."

Rem was silent. But, his heart was pounding.

"You will be first introduced to them so they will have time to meet you physically. Then, a cannon will fire and it's time for you to go. After 10 minutes, another cannon will be heard and it's for them to run after you."

Rem can't say a word. This was actually the first time that he can feel his heart pounding.

"You can do it, Rem," said Jacklyn tapping his back. "Don't be afraid. You are well-trained. Just focus. I'm counting on you!"

"I'm not afraid Ms. Jack," said Rem. He breathed deeply.

Jack smiled.

"Try your best to formulate plans in separating them. Use the materials around you; set traps, always look for a shelter that no one will suspect and be cautious, alright?" Jacklyn noted.

Rem gave his mentor a half smile and a nod. He felt cold but sweating like there's no tomorrow.

"Alright let's go," said Jacklyn.

They walked for a few minutes and then they got into a grassy place.

"There they are," said Jack referring to three men wearing Arkiman suits. They were looking at them. "You can do it, Rem. I believe in you!"

The three met them.

"Heyyyy, Jacklyn my darling," said a tall, about 6-foot-6 in height, and a slender man. He tried to give Jacklyn a kiss on her cheek. The woman, however, denied him by pushing him.

"Ugh! Aren't you going to give me a warm greeting?" the man with thick lips, nape-long blond hair, long chin, and big eyes, noted9.

"Stop it, Buster," said Jacklyn. "Don't play around! We are here to train Rem."

"It's just a friendly hug, no mean, no harm," said Buster. "Unless, you find me attractive. Just like my man, Arnold!" He added giving the man beside a light elbow.

"So, Rem is the name of you mentee!" said another tall, that was about 6-foot-3 man. He was huge like those of Rem's escort. He was also bald, had a piercing on his nose and a demon clown tattoo on his right neck.

"Yup," said Jacklyn with an angst smile. "And I'm proud of him."

"Let's see," said Arnold.

"If we beat this guy, you will date me, Jack," said the third guy, who was about 5-foot-7 in height. He was also slender, but his muscles were bulking. He had this angelic face, dark hair, medium eyes and a noticeable scar on his right cheek near the ear.

"Shut up, Khyle," said Jacklyn. "Enough with the words."

Rem felt more nervous seeing the three. From their looks, he was becoming more intimidated. He felt cold, but sweating, and his whole body was shaking. The feeling was like having a rheumatic fever.

"Alright, we'll give you guys some time to talk," said Arnold. "Vincent said he will just call us up when we have to start."

Jacklyn then pulled Rem to the nearest log. She looked at him, face to face, and the grabbed his shoulder and gave him a mild shake in order to release the tension because the young man was pale. She sat and pulled him.