Chapter LII - The Bloody Train (Day 7 and 8)

Full and needed to recuperate more, Rem lay down and closed his eyes. Marybeth crawled and lay beside him using his chest as her pillow. He responded by wrapping his left arm around her shoulder. Both of them fell asleep.

A few hours after, Rem and Marybeth were awakened by a howling of a speaker.

"End of Day 6; the conclusion is knocking. There is only one team stood with two players. Can they stand the odds or only one contender will emerge as a winner?

"A few actions, a love team and great survival skills are what we witnessed today. Only one wildcat honorably shed life today – he was Accer Holliander of The Cherkins on the hands of Rotche Del Rio of The Pachrees.

"Every one of you needed some supplies. We would love to provide some, but you must find it and only one can have that bag of supplies. Tomorrow morning, press on your wrist to see the map leading to those badly-needed materials. However, only from the Arkiman can search for it and it's you, Mr. Burrows.

"End of the announcement."

Rem looked at Marybeth and smiled.

"I'll have to go," said Rem. "We needed that supplies."

"No, we don't need it," said Marybeth.

"No, I have to."

"You'll look for food, I'll make medicine tomorrow and since all of the remaining wildcats are in search for it, this jungle is only for us. Stay here, please!"

Rem nodded.

"Let's go back to sleep now," said Rem.

Marybeth nodded.

Rem was awakened by footsteps below. He crawled and sneaked through. He sighed out of relief after seeing a honey badger. He told himself that he should be like that animal – fearless, strong and can easily adapt to the environment. After it went away, he went back to his place and slowly squeezed himself beside Marybeth. But, he was surprised when she twitched after he accidentally touched her hip... It was swollen. She was also burning and shaking.

Rem hugged her to give her some heat. For the rest of the hours, he didn't sleep. He used to check his wrist if the map was already there. He decided to get supplies for Marybeth. He must take a risk because her infection was getting graver.

The moment the digital map appeared like a flashlight on Rem's arm, he moved and followed the direction. The bag of supplies was located on top of the rocky area and he knew it was just a few kilometers away. He quickly walked and he was ready to fight just to get the supplies.

It took Rem an hour and a half to reach the area. His excitement was broken upon seeing Ivy Fernandez already climbing through the rocks. A few second he heard branches snapping and leaves crunching. It was Hakiki Freed and she was with Sahira Adavanza.

Right that moment, Rem ran through the rocks and applied the parkour and rock climbing skills he learned on the island. Hakiki tried to ran after him with her machete. However, he was too fast. He was already a few meters from the ground and throwing her weapon was just a waste. Seeing Hakiki failed, Sahira ran to the rocky mountain and climbed.

Ivy was shocked how Rem easily went through the rocky wall. He was like a professional rock climber climbing through the newbie slope. After reaching the top, he got confused seeing no bag of supplies. Rem checked his wrist, the map showed it wasquite near. He concluded that the bag was pitted in the soil. He picked his bolo and dug through. He chuckled while pulling the half-salient backpack.

Rem was destructed when Ivy and Hakiki just got to the top. A few more seconds, Sahira also appeared. The three ladies were looking at each other and from their faces, he knew that they will mob on him.