Chapter XXXIII - Anxieties

After the lovemaking, Rem and Marybeth remained on the floor with Marybeth covering her body using the blanket near them.

"I am now convinced," said Rem while staring blankly at the ceiling. "I will accept the vow and will remain with you until we win."

Marybeth side lay to look at him.

"Me too, I will stay with you no matter what happened," Marybeth said and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Come on let's get dressed and we'll have to clean this mess you made," said Marybeth while standing up.

They cleaned the room while laughing and fooling around.

"Carklein, can I have two plates of a beef steak, please make it tender; and two king crabs," said Rem looking at Marybeth and as if he is asking her what she wanted.

Marybeth whispered at him.

"Add a pitcher of lemon ice tea, fresh fruits, and chocolate syrup," Rem added.

"Would that be all Mr. Burrows?" asked Carklein.

Rem again looked at her. Marybeth just gave him a thumb up.

"That's all Carklein."

"Coming up, Mr. Burrows."

Rem and Marybeth went outside the room. Rem looked for Vincent and the rest of the team.

"Where are they?" Rem asked.

"They left right after you entered your room," Marybeth said.

"Alright..."

After a few minutes, their orders arrived. The two started eating. None of them seemed to want to speak and only wanted to concentrate on their food. Rem sliced several pieces of his steak, lift them using his knife and fork and then put them on Marybeth's plate. She looked at him, smiled and happily ate them.

"Hungry?" asked Rem.

"Super," Marybeth replied.

"Can I?" Rem said pointing at Marybeth's plate.

"What?"

"Can I slice your meat?"

"I can manage..."

"Please allow me to. Anytime soon, we'll be out there fighting. We won't be enjoying our meal."

"Alright, as you wish."

*****

While enjoying their meal, Vincent and the rest of the gang arrived.

"Burrows," said Vincent. "It looked like you are already in the good mood... What happened to your hand?"

"I just got a little workout... In my room," said Rem smiling.

"Well, that another thing that we have to talk about," said Marybeth. "Spare him, alright. We are convinced that we'll give that vow a go."

"Ok, whatever it is, it can be arranged," said Vincent. "Finish that and we'll give the details of your vow."

*****

After eating, Rem and Marybeth went straight to the living room. There, Vincent was already in front of the couch. The projector and other equipment were already set.

"My fighters, 'Bloody Train' is created to differentiate one group from another. Two representatives – called wildcats - from the eight teams will be brought to an island where they must survive. Since all you are all trained there, backing off in a case of a face-off, is a shame," said Vincent.