Chapter XXX - The Arkiman Party

"Mr. Burrows, I'm sorry for waking you up," said Carklein. "Your escort is knocking on your door. Should I open the door for you?"

"Yes, Carklein. Please," said Rem.

The door opened. Jimmy entered. That time, Rem was already sitting on his bed.

"Burrows, you have to get dress now," said Jimmy hanging a completed pair of suit and tie in his cabinet. He also put a pair of brand new leather shoes on the floor. "We will go somewhere. You guys will now meet all Arkimans official."

Jimmy immediately left the room. Rem looked at his suit and breathed heavily.

"When will this meeting come to an end?" Rem asked himself. However, he was left with no choice. He first went to the bathroom to wash his face and get dressed.

When he was done, Rem immediately left his room and went straight to the living room. There, he saw Jimmy and Dricks also wearing formal attire. He sat on the single couch just beside the long sofa where the two were seated. One woman appeared and applied makeup on him.

After waiting for several minutes, a slender gay man, with a pink spiky hair, appeared.

"Gents, here is Marybeth," said the man.

And then Marybeth appeared. She was wearing a singled-strapped violet gown exposing her sexy shoulders. The cloth of the gown runs smoothly through her body showing her curves. Her curly hair, necklace, and makeup added impact to her gorgeous looks.

Rem was shocked when he saw Marybeth. His jaw dropped literally seeing his girlfriend on that kind of look. While she walked, he was only staring at her.

"Hi there boys," said Marybeth but she's referring only to Jimmy and Dricks. She didn't bother to take a look at Rem.

"Should we go now?" she added asking Dricks to hold her hand.

Rem got confused and asked Jimmy using facial expression. Jimmy just raised his shoulders. He was also confused.

As they entered the elevator, Marybeth came in first and went to the side. She pulled Dricks to cover her. Rem was just silent with her sudden change of mood. Even in the limousine, she aboard first and pulled Dricks to sandwich her to the side.

Rem checked the cooler and smiled seeing a bottle of Olah-Olah. He picked it and took some wine glasses and offered the three. Only Marybeth declined.

After a few minutes of traveling, the limousine stopped in front of a huge property. You can't see what's inside because of the tall wall that was complemented by a tall and thick metal gate. Dricks opened his window and entered a security code to the electronic lock. The gate opened.

Rem thought that it was another waste-of-money, super extravagant property with a very few people living in.

It took them about a minute to reach the main house from the gate. When they alighted, Rem looked at the mansion and he thought it was like those owned by people of royal blood. From the stairs to the main door was already wide enough for a new house; the poles are those ancient structures where fruiting vines were crawling to the poles. Trained in the wild, he knew they were edible.

They entered the front door. Inside, Rem's theory was proven -- the floor and walls were marble. There were lots paintings, figurines, statues that made the place extravagant. Again, no one was around.

Rem and Marybeth followed Dricks and Jimmy. They were walking on a red carpet through a huge hallway. After a few minutes, the two bulky men stopped in front of a door. They opened it and revealed an area where rich men and women were socializing.