Chapter XXV - The Chase - Day 2

Rem let his body fell on the couch and sighed deeply. Marybeth, on the other hand, sat on the floor with her back touching the side of his head.

Rem slowly allowed his head rest on Marybeth's back. He felt the heat coming from her and it was relaxing. She let him thinking of his actions and the things he said in the forest. They stayed in that position for a couple of minutes when one escorts entered the living room.

"Rem, Marybeth, it's time for you to get cleaned," Dricks said. "Prep up and your dinner is about to be served."

They stood. Rem asked Benedict if he would like to come. He agreed. Anikka didn't say a word and followed Marybeth.

In the bathroom, Benedict stayed in front of the cubicle while Rem took a shower.

"What happened to you guys?" asked the younger man. "Bruises are all over your face."

"Aside from the two escorts, there was this third man who brought you here, right?" Rem asked.

"A-huh!" Benedict replied.

"Have he mentioned the forest?"

"Yes. But, I don't remember much. He talked too fast"

"The forest will teach you survival skills. But, it will also be the venue to apply what you learned from the start."

"Uhhh! I remember that. That will be the time that you will go against the experienced and older Arkimans, right?"

"Yup!"

"So, you fought great fighter?"

"Yes."

"You won?"

"Hmmm. I don't think it's appropriate to say what happened. Just make sure you will try to absorb the training, so you will be prepared when that time happened."

Rem dried himself, get dressed in the locker room and with Benedict, he went to the dining where they continued talking about the future training that the youngsters will have to face.

Marybeth entered the dining room with Anikka. She immediately noticed Rem's smile. It was actually the first time that she looked at the smile of her partner. She admitted to herself that Rem was quite handsome despite the bruise on his face.

As per doctor's advice, Rem and Marybeth will still have to stay in the living room until they were given with go signals to sleep. Their rests were quite long to the point that Benedict and Anikka were asked to go and sleep in their rooms.

"Thanks by the way," Marybeth said while looking at him.

"For what?" Rem asked chuckling.

"For saving me with those crazy women," Marybeth said.

"We are allies and that's what allies do."

"What you said to me back there? I also feel the same."

"I know... I can feel it."

Marybeth's eyes widened.

"What do you mean?" Asked Marybeth.

"I know...That you also treasure me," Rem replied.

Marybeth shook her head and closed her eyes again.

"Don't be too assuming. I don't have feelings for you."

"I never said you have feelings for me. I also can't remember, I said I have feelings for you."

Marybeth's eyes again widened and when she saw Rem mildly laughing at her, she felt awkward and quickly get up. She then threw her pillow at him.