Chapter XIV - Victory and Frustration

With reminders of taking rests before taking a bath, Jonathan left Rem in the dome. There, he was met by Dricks and Jimmy, who were quite surprised seeing him with the Swazoki Knife.

After cooling down, Rem went straight to the locker room to take a bath as he was covered with dirt probably getting them after rolling several times while soaking with his sweat.

Even at the shower Rem was still carrying and looking at the knife he can call "mine."

After, he went to the livingroom. There, he dropped himself on the carpeted floor using one of the bean bags as his pillow. He again picked his knife and stared at it. He was quite happy. He eventually fell asleep.

When he woke up, Rem knew he'd been sleeping for about an hour and wondering why Marybeth wasn't around. He then went outside and asked his escorts if they saw her. Dricks shook his head while Jimmy raised his two arms up.

Rem asked if he can just walk around. Both escorts agreed. He went straight to the shooting area to test his new knife. There, he positioned himself, made a full swing and released it. There was nothing new, he hit the bullseye. But, hitting it with his own knife sent chills to his veins.

After several shots, Rem went outside and saw Dreyford, Randolph, and Tatiana entering the dome. He walked fast to meet them.

"How's the training outside?" asked Rem showing the three an awesome smile.

"Still great bro," said Randolph. "I think someone's having a great time. You are smiling as if you won a lottery."

"Where is Marybeth?" Tatiana interrupted.

"I don't know maybe still training," said Rem.

"And you? What are you doing here?" asked Dreyford.

"I think I'm done with the training inside that huge room with those gruesome shooting machines," Rem replied.

"No way!" said Tatiana. "You are done with the defensive shooting? You are probably sent home early."

"No. I just got my prize," said Rem showing them his box.

"Oh my goodness!" said Tatiana who looked like a woman being shown with a Gucci bag. "You are kidding me!"

The men, on the other hand, widened their eyes but still smiling. Tatiana opened the box and after confirming, she cringed, picked the knife and laughed out of amusement.

"Damn you Rem!" said Dreyford who just snatched the knife to Tatiana. "I received millions of bruises before getting mine. And you?" he added while pointing the handle of the knife at Rem.

"I am happy for you, Rem," said Randolph who brushed his body towards Dreyford. He took the knife from Dreyford and stared at it for a couple of seconds before returning it to Rem.

"Me too," said Tatiana mildly punching Dreyford's stomach.

"Alright, alright! I'm just joking," said Dreyford who raised both of his hands surrendering to the two. "Me three, Rem. Very proud!"

"Guys I really don't know what to say," said Rem. "I just did my best there and then, hualla! I got my gift and I'm really happy right now."

"We know that feeling," said Dreyford hitting Randolph at his side using his elbow.

"Come with us and there are lots of things we wanted to hear," said Randolph who wrapped his arm around Rem's shoulder.

All four of them walked towards the locker room. Tatiana smiled and signaled that she will go ahead to take a bath. Before she completely separated from them, she squeezed Rem's ear. The three went inside the locker room where the two immediately removed their clothes and wrapped a towel around their waists.