Chapter XXXIV - Calming the Anxious

"Mr. Burrows, Vincent, and another visitor are waiting in front of your door," said Carklein disturbing Rem's sleep. "Should I let them in or you are coming out?"

Rem checked the time. He had been sleeping for four hours already.

"Please just let them in," said Rem.

Vincent walked towards the room and he's with a woman wearing a suit and tie.

"Burrows, I know you miss her a lot," said Vincent.

Rem's eye widened seeing his forest survival teacher, Jacklyn. He smiled, stood, and gave her a hug.

"Oh! Nice to see you, Miss Jack," said Rem grabbing her shoulders. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great," said Jacklyn giving Rem taps on his back. "Can we be seated?"

"Be my guest, be my guest," Rem said.

Jacklyn nodded at Vincent, which prompted him to leave the room. Seconds later he was bringing an apparatus.

"Rem, you trust me right?" said Jacklyn holding Rem's hand while seated on his bed.

"Yes," said Rem.

"Now, I want you to remove your shirt and lay down. I am also asking you to follow what I say. I'll make your body and mind relaxed."

Rem nodded. He removed his shirt and lay on the bed.

"Please close your eyes," said Jacklyn.

After Rem closed his eyes, Jacklyn attached medical suction cups on different parts of his body including his chest and abdomen. The cups were connected to the apparatus. She then connected it to a laptop where she carefully read his vital signs.

"Rem, all your signs are normal. I will now proceed in making you relaxed. Again, I want you to give me your full trust and follow everything I say.

"Now, clear all your thoughts. What do you see?"

"Nothing, only a dark blank space," Rem replied.

"Great. Now, I want you to look below that blank space and imagine a black box, so black you can see it in that blank space... Done?"

Rem nodded.

"Open that box and you will a white circle... Done?"

Rem nodded.

"Touch that and you will feel something cold... Done?"

Rem sighed deeply and nodded.

"Smell your hand and you will feel fresh grass... Done?"

Rem nodded. He was more relaxed.

Everything that Jacklyn say to him will automatically be followed. Later, Rem was on top of the mountains seeing the great view from above. He also can see different types of birds that were not afraid of him and he was actually enjoying it. When he started to walk, his feet brought him to the forest where the wild animals were tamed like domesticated dogs. Colorful butterflies, sounds of crickets and other gifts from Mother Nature made him quite relaxed.

However, a beeping sound was heard that woke him up.

"Good morning sleepy head," said Jacklyn.

"What happened? How long am I sleeping?" said Rem, while panting.

Jacklyn stood and laid the laptop on the table. She then removed the suction cups on Rem's head. She helped him to sit by pushing the back of his neck. She then sat beside him.