Chapter XLIII - The Pre-Game Party

Rem knew Vincent was a bit snobbish because he arrived late. However, he didn't mind him. He only thought of his plans. After arriving in their unit, he informed his group that he needed to take a rest.

Inside his room, Rem arranged all the items he bought and arranged them. When he finished, he asked Carklein to wake him up after 3 hours. The machine agreed.

"Mr. Burrows, three hours passed," said Carklein.

Rem without a word got up on his bed and went straight to the bathroom to wash his face.

"Carklein, where is the room of the bellmen or maybe, employee room?" Rem asked.

"That is on the second floor, room 47," Carklein replied.

"Alright thank you," Rem said while on his way outside. "Please do me a favor, be a friend to me and tell everyone that I am sleeping and don't want to be disturbed."

"I'll do that for you, Mr. Burrows."

"Great!"

Rem sneaked through the unit and silently left. He went to the second floor and knocked on the room 47.

"Yes, can we do something for you?" said the uniformed man, who didn't open the door completely.

"I'm looking for Fernando," Rem said.

"Hey Fernando, a rich kid is looking for you!" the man shouted.

Fernando appeared.

"Hey, Mr. Burrows. It's a little late and if you needed anything, you should have just buzzed," said Fernando.

"I really wanted to talk to you and give you some gift," Rem said slightly lifting his left arm to show the papers bag laid on the floor.

"Oh my goodness! Holy cow! Are you going to give me those things?"

"Not just to you but to your friends as well. And, I need your help. Some of the things are for your female co-workers. You need to help me sneak through their room... But, right now, help get these things inside."

The two put the things inside. Rem asked Fernando to announce his gift to them.

Right after shouting, the men gathered and it looked like that they don't want to believe. Rem then asked one man his shoe size, dug through the stuff and threw a shoe box. The bellman opened it and jumped into joy seeing a branded pair of rubber shoes.

Rem smiled as he watched the men turning into a kid after receiving their Christmas presents. After, many hugged Rem with some even gave him a kiss on his cheek. He then asked Fernando to help him bring the female staff in the women's room.

In the women's room, the earlier scenario also happened: the women don't want to believe, but later were like teenagers crumbling to see a popular boy band.

After that, Rem also asked Fernando to help him sneak through outside explaining that every time he and his team go out, he used to see homeless people, including children. He also bought some pieces of stuff for them. Fernando showed him the way where employees go. They also paid the security guard to let them snoop out.

Rem and Fernando woke the homeless people living near his luxurious condominium unit and gave the things he bought. He gave them baby dresses, shoes, toys, foods and a lot more.

Rem felt good after; he got inspired and more motivated, especially by the innocent smile of the children after seeing the things bought for them. He again promised to himself that he will win and will again buy pieces of stuff using his winning pot. He went to bed with a smile on his face. He immediately fell asleep while thinking of the million smiles he saw and billions of gratitude he received.