IX.

WAITING GAME | IX.
(' AND THEN THERE WAS ANOTHER ')

THERE HAD BEEN MANY TIMES in Raya's life where she was forced in tough situations, but this one was pulling Raya apart

THERE HAD BEEN MANY TIMES in Raya's life where she was forced in tough situations, but this one was pulling Raya apart. She didn't want to turn herself in and take the chance of never seeing Sansa again, but she didn't want to risk the chance of them finding Sansa and Brienne.

Arya seemed to sense Raya's inner turmoil and rested a hand on her shoulder, "You're not giving yourself to them."

"But-"

"No," Arya said firmly, "You are not just going to give yourself up, I won't let you."

Raya stared at Arya's brown eyes and saw nothing but softness. Arya's grip on her shoulder was tight and unwavering.

"Alright, what are we going to do now?" Raya asked. Arya grinned as she moved her hand from Raya's shoulder to the hilt of Needle.

"You can't be serious," Raya said, concerned. What Arya was suggesting was them riding to the guards and asking them to kill them.

"We have Lady, and the element of surprise," Arya told her.

"I still don't trust our odds," Raya said. She may have been able to take down the knights of the Vale, but that was only because she had to get Sansa away from Littlefinger.

"We'll do it at night. Sansa and Brienne will be back so we'll have Brienne to help," Arya said proudly, as though her plan had no flaws. Raya didn't say anything and just stared at the pit where their fire had burned the previous night.

"Where are Sansa and Brienne anyway?" Raya inquired curiously. They had been gone for a while and Raya was slowly becoming concerned. Maybe they had been captured by another group of patrolling guards. Brienne was a hard woman to forget and if anyone had seen Raya leave with her, Brienne could be in grave danger.

"They went back to the tavern to see if there was anything that could give us any location on Littlefinger's whereabouts," Arya answered, "Sansa said that he had a marriage proposal, we're starting to believe that it was for her instead of him."

There was only one person that could gain something from marrying Sansa Stark, and that was Roose Bolton. They needed the Northerners support. It didn't matter how much fear you instill in them, they would know that the Starks were the true Wardens of the North. Not to mention her grandfather had tried to claim the North for himself by marrying her uncle to Sansa.

"He was going to give her to the Boltons," Raya stated.

Arya grew angry at that, "He was going to sell her to the people that killed our brother and mother?"

"I told you, Littlefinger doesn't do anything for the benefit of others," Raya told her as she rested a hand on Arya's shoulder, "But Sansa's safe now."