Chapter 28

Before you read further, I want to say something. I am not familiar with the rituals and procedures of Indian weddings, as I am not an Indian. So, if I make a mistake, please forgive me.

Another man comes and says to Rajveer, "ye ladki jhoot nahi bol rahi hai...jhoot tum bol rahe ho...tumhe is se aaj or abhi issi waqt shaadi karni paregi...warna hum tum ko nahi choorege.."

Poor Rajveer had no other choice. He was just staring at Naina while Naina just gave Rajveer a wicked smile. Rajveer, Naveen and dadaji had no idea why suddenly Naina was doing all this.

"Gaoo waloo dekhiye inhe, dekhiye ye mujhe kaise dekh rahe hain jaise ye mujhe abhi kha jayege", says Naina while pointing a finger towards Rajveer.

"oye bhaisahab, aaj issi waqt iss ladki se shaadi karege warna...", says a man to Rajveer

"HAAN HAAN! Abhi karni hogi shaadi mujhse", teases Naina!

Rajveer had no words at the moment. He was surprised and shocked at the same time. Rajveer first looked at Naveen then at dadadji. They were both equally confused.

Rajveer went up to Naveen and asked, "ab mein kya karoon salay? Teri behan ne mujhe kahin ka nahi choora."

Naveen who was serious and confused at this time, suddenly started laughing. "maan gayya mein Naina ko! Wohi hai jo tujhe kaboo kar sakti hai! Bhagwaan ne sahi Jodi banayi hai tum dono ki", replies a laughing Naveen.

"Kaminay yahan mera ye haal hai or tujhe itni hansi aa rahi hai. ab bol mein kya karoon?", asked an irritated Rajveer.

Naveen suddenly stopped laughing and said, "dekh Raj! Abhi koi or chaara nahi hai, tujhe abhi Naina se shaadi karni paregi, warna ye log tumhara jo haal karege wo toh mein bayan nahi kar sakta."

Rajveer goes back to where Naina is, she is standing on a chair.

"theek hai! Mein abhi or issi waqt Naina se shaadi karne ke liye tayaar hoon", decides Rajveer.

Listening to Rajveer's words, a smile creeps on Naina's lips. She suddenly comes down and hugs Rajveer. Still hugging him, she whispers in his ear, "ab toh aapko mujhse shaadi karni hi paregi". Rajveer, who was serious and frustrated all this time, smiles naughtily and whispers back in her ear, "shaadi toh mein tumse kar loongaa, or uske baad or bhi bohut kuch karoonga, tayyar rehna, meri honay wali biwi, Mrs. Naina Singh Shekhawat."

Hearing this from Rajveer, it gives her shivers in her entire body. Her cheeks turn hot and red. She knows exactly what he is talking about. Turning all shy, she tries to break the hug, but he hugs her even tighter. Rajveer knows her situation very well. Enjoying her vulnerably, he whispers back in her ear, "nahi Naina! tumne jitna bhaagna tha tum bhaagli, aaj ki raat tum mujhse bach ke kahan jaogi?".

Not able to take it anymore, she breaks off the hug successfully. Rajveer notices her pink cheeks and her eyes down out of shyness. He surely enjoys this situation.

"Chalo paas hi ek mandir hai, wahan shaadi hogi abhi". says a man

After 10 minutes, Rajveer, Naina, Naveen and dadji reaches the Temple along with others.

In Mandir -

"Pandit ji, inh dono ko abhi shaadi karni hai", says dadaji to a Pandit

"theek hai wase bhi abhi ka bohut acha maurat hai, widi ka sara samaan tayyar hai, aap dono apni jagah pe padhariye", replies Pandit and he tells Rajveer and Naina to take their places.

Suddenly, a woman comes there and hands a beautiful red dupatta for Naina to put over her head. Rajveer takes the dupatta from her hands and puts it over Naina's head.

Wedding rituals starts right away.

After whatever is needed for the wedding, Pandit tells Rajveer to put sindoor in her maang  and manglasutar around Naina's neck.

Taking the sindoor, Rajveer puts it into Naina's manng. Then, taking the manglasutar, Rajveer puts it around Naina's neck.

After few minutes the Pandit tells them to get up for pheras. Getting up from the places, Rajveer and Naina take the required pheras as they make promises to each other. They make promises to love each other until their last breath. They promise to stick by each other's side for better or for worse. They promise to be there for each other in sickness and in health. They promise to be there for each other in any type of situation.

After completing the pheras, Rajveer and Naina do all the required rituals for the wedding. After everything is done, the Pandit announces, "Vivah sampan hua! Aaj se aap dono pati patni hain. Ab aap dono sab ka arshiwaat lijiye.".

Rajveer and Naina takes everyone's blessing. At the end, Naven and dadaji are left.

Rajveer and Naina, first reaches Naveen who is standing there with a huge smile on his face. When they both go down to take his blessing, he stops them and says, "tum dono ki jagah toh mere dil mein hai", and he hugs them both. After breaking the hug, Naina sees tears in Naveen's eyes. She wipes them off and ask, "ye kya bhaiyya? Aap kyun ro rahe ho? Mein kon sa mar rahi...". Without letting Naina to complete her sentence, Rajveer pits a hand over her mouth and warns her by saying, "khabardar Naina jo aaj ke baad tumne dubara aisi baat ki."

Seeing the love Rajveer and Naina have for each other, Naveen smiles and says, "bhagwaan kare tum dono hamesha khush raho! Aaj mein nishchint hogayya hun kyun ke Naina ko tum se zayada yuaar or koi nahi kar sakta, Raj! Shayad itna pyaar mein bhi nahi karta aapni gudiya se."

Rajveer and Naina, they both go to dadaji to take his blessing. When they go down to take his blessing, he stops them and says to Naina, "betiyaan paon nahi chuti", and he hugs her while she hugs back. Now, taking Rajveer's ear with his hand, he warns Rajveer, "oye khotay, khabardaar jo tune meri pyaari si bahu ko kabhi bhi tang kia, warna teri khair nahi", and he hugs Rajveer.

Flashback ends

Present -