Chapter 39 - Last

It has been 4pm and Naina has started packing her's and Payal's stuff to go to Rajveer's house after 8pm. Naina has called Naveen and Shalini and told them everything and they seemed to be happy and accepted her decision. Suddenly, her mind goes back to the bet and she smirks knowing that she'll win, but Captain Naina Singh Shekhawat, you are forgetting that he is your husband and most importantly, he is your mentor.

Suddenly, a thought crosses her mind and she feels the rush to talk to Rajveer over the phone. Picking up her phone, she dials his number and moves the phone closer to her ear. It has been couple of minutes but no one seems to answer on the other side of the phone. She thinks maybe he is busy, so she decides to call him later.

Around 5pm, Naina dails his number again, but he does not pick up again. She again thinks he is busy so, she hangs up. Somewhere deep down, she gets scared. He never ignores her calls, even when they have fights, he never does. Is he in danger? Her body shivers at this thought and her eyes starts brimming with tears.

Then, she thinks maybe she is over thinking about the whole situation. She calms down a little and continues packing. Now, it has been 6pm and Naina is worried to the core. Her husband did not call her back. She dials his number again, but again, no answer. At this point, she is extremely scared

Just then, Naina hears Payal's scream from the living room. Leaving everything, Naina rushes towards her daughter and gets shocked to see Payal crying. She rushes towards Payal and immediately pulls her up in her arms.

"what's wrong baby? Payal ro kyun rahi hai?", questions Naina, worriedly.

Payal suddenly stops crying and looks up at Naina and throws herself in her mother's arms.

"Mamma!! wo papa!!", says Payal between her sobs.

And that was it for Naina. Without listening to Payal further, Naina immediately picks Payal up in her arms again and without thinking about anything, Naina rushes out of the house and heads towards Rajveer's house, worriedly. Naina does not give a single look towards Payal, who is smirking a little, god knows why.

After few minutes, Naina and Payal reach outside of Rajveer's house. Without knocking, Naina pushes the door open and barges inside the house and what she finds in front of her, it shocks her. There he stands, Major Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, crossing his arms over his chest while a smile plays on his lips.

Without thinking about anything, Naina drags Payal inside. Leading her towards the couch, she makes Payal sit there. Now looking back towards Rajveer, Naina immediately runs towards him and throws herself in Rajveer's arms while her eyes fills with tears.

"Kahan thay aap? Pata hai mein kab se aapko phone kar rahi thi. Aap mera phone kyun nahi utha rahe thay? Aap aisa kyun kar rahay thay?", asks Naina without taking a breath.

Rajveer smiles at this and does not utter a word. Looking towards Payal, he gives Payal a thumbs up while she returns the gesture. Naina does not move and she hugs him even tighter.

"Mein theek hoon Naina", this is the only thing Rajveer says.

With that, he breaks the hug and gets her to look at him. His heart sinks as he finds tears in her eyes. He feels guilty for playing this trick on her; yes this was his plan in order to win the bet.

But before Rajveer could say sorry, Naina realises what actually is going on. Her eyes starts blazing with anger. She points her index finger towards him in irritation.

"Ye...ye sab..sab aapne bet jeetne ke liye kia?", asks Naina out of surprise.

Now, His Naina is back, the angry Naina. Tears doesn't suit her. A smile starts to play on his lips as he nods his head positively.