I See A Ghost

Zach's POV

When I close the door to Cam's room I look around. I look out the window at a lake in Minnesota. It reminds me of the place Joe and I stated at a while back, back when the circle wanted cammie, back when my mother Tortured her, back when Joe and I went on a mission and he got hurt. I can't let my mom hurt my wife. I lock the door behind me a make a beeline towards the lake. I sit at the lake and throw pebbles wondering when I should go back, when I should call Joe. But most of all I wonder how we will get out of this mess we call our job. The CIA probably has us doing their work for them. Maybe even leading us into their traps, after all- there are leaks everywhere. Traitors. So instead of thinking, I just sit there on a rock gazing up at the sunset, wondering if this could be one of my very last, and when your a spy, sometimes it is.

I hear a rustle by the leaves and I look back to see a shadowy figure move across the trees with a delicate posture, one that can only mean a pavement artist. I reach for the gun by my pocket and pull it out. I am ready for anything, I I'll pull the trigger on instinct.

"Who's there?" I ask before I shoot. I see the figure step closer as the sunset disappears turning into night. "I'm warning you, I'll shoot" I day more ready than anything. All except the person I had thought to be gone forever, the person I despised the most.

"Zachary, i don't think you will" I hear Catherine say.