She's Alive

Cammie's POV

I walk into the apartment soon after he leaves. I walk into the bathroom and get ready for bed. When I get into the bedroom, he awake, but just lying there.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" He asks.

I shrug "we can see if anyone's around the area"

"Or instead of that we can do this" he says as he presses his lips to mine. And then we just lied their, arm in arm, and my head on his chest.My wound hurts, so the medicine I took makes me drowsy and soon enough I fall asleep.

I didn't hear him come into the room. He just say at the door frame for a few minutes. He thought I was asleep but honestly, I'm always looking, be aware- alert. I was especially alert when I see him pick up his phone that just wrung

"Joe" he says in a whisper covering his mouth by his hands.

"Yea" "no, she's fine" Zach replies with things like.

"Yes were here"

"No we have not finished"

But I was caught off guard when I hear him say "we need to talk" and close the door. Now the spy in me made me curious so I crept up to the door.

"I know Joe"

"She's alive!!!! I'm telling you"

"She was tailing cam and i"

That's when I realized that when he was talking about "alive" is wasn't about me or my wound. It was about someone else.

"Joe, you got to tell Rachel" Zach says

"I'm serious" I could tell Zach was upset.

"What if she comes for anyone?"

"Ok, I'll tell cammie later"

"Yes, I promise I'll tell cammie soon"

"Bye" he says and hangs up. This is my chance, to see what they need to tell me. So when he opens up the door to find me, his mouth gapes open.

"Promise to tell me what?" I say

"Cam, uh, I didn't know you were aw-" he starts

"Save it" I say

"What are you not telling me? I'm tired and for once, can we have no lies?" I say.

"Gallagher girl, it's ok. It's nothing" he says.

"Then why did you have to call Joe about it?"

"Tell me!" I start to shout. He takes my hand but I jerk it away.

"Cam" he pleads.

"Please" I say softly.

"When we had to leave, it wasn't just a tail. It was a certain someone" he seems to be cautious of how he phrases it.

"Who, who is it that you needed to keep from me to tell Joe" I yell.

We only tell Joe things that we know we need help with on a more- expert level. So I knew that whoever it was, was important.

"Cam, you know" he starts. "When the academy burned down, they never found her remains- Catherine's I mean, so to many of us it was always a possibility she escaped. It's just after years I thought that it was unlikely she had been alive" he says laying it out as it was. "And after you went to sleep at the safe house, I was by the lake and I saw her across the lake and then I ran to get you, and well- here we are now" he says.

"She alive" I say, there's really not much to say. She tortured me a few summers back. Then made me lose my memory of those weeks, and as I loom back on it, I'm happy I didn't know what exactly went on, or how they did it. All I care about is that I'm ok.

"Gallagher girl, we'll get her" he states reassuring me. He pulls me towards him and hugs me tightly.

"I love you" he says resting his chin on my head.

"I love you too" and we both mean it. And After everything we've been through, sometimes that's all you can say.