Chapter 6: A Good Morning

"James, why is there a tower of chocolates on my desk?" I kept my tone as polite as possible. We're at work, so I have to sound slightly nicer. It was really hard though. Considering when I first stepped into my office, I almost tipped them over, not originally seeing them there and wanting to get started on quite a bit of paperwork.

Park responded annoyed, "You never said what flavor you liked." 

Silence overtook the atmosphere. I stared on blankly. Allowing myself to contemplate.

In the back of my mind, I could hear some joyous singing of my subconscious as I was reminded how I like all chocolates. The more logical side of me still questioned why, while the action part of my brain kept thinking about the work that needed to be done. He startled me out of my thinking as he spoke again.

"You have my word, they are safe to eat." More frazzled than I would prefer, I responded in haste.

"But what about work?"

"What about it?" He rested his cheek on his hand as he answered. A cool grin plastered on his face. Damn you chocolate and your delicious existence. I crossed my arms and focused my gaze on the wall behind him.

"My desk is covered. I can't work..."

"Just work at my office." Again? Why couldn't he just put them against the wall on the floor in the first place. Putting them on display there like some prize. I don't want to say thank you, but I don't want to complain too much either. Not sure of his reasoning, but hey its free chocolate. Though maybe I could just work on the floor? I kind of didn't want to be in the office with him. Then I'll have to sit there, feeling like I owe him, for the whole day. I'd rather do that in the privacy of my office. I switched back to looking at him. Our eyes locked. Suddenly he stood up. Memories of they day before hit me like a rock.

I blurted out, "Fine." Then dashed back to my office. I grabbed a box of chocolate from the tower and my laptop. I was back at his office just as fast as I had left.

I sat down and got ready to work. As my laptop loaded, I opened the box and pulled out a chocolate.

It was delicious.