Chapter 23: A Crow Flying Ahead

The body guard moved faster as I ran to the older building finally in sight. So brazen it was. Blood smeared along the doors. I cursed under my breath ready to shove them open, but Ju-won yanked me back and to the side. Pointing at another more discrete door. 

He whispered, "Let's not give ourselves away so easily huh?" With eyes big and intimidating like an angry bull. I smirked but whispered a quick thank you as we headed that way. It wasn't locked or even clicked close. Anyone truly could have entered, but like Ju-won's future son-in-law said, no one did. Except us of course.

We walked in with steps gentle like flowing wind, not a sound from us to be heard. Examining the area as fast as our eyes would let us while we snuck through.  At the direction of Ju-won we made our way straight for a corner far off from our original entrance, boxes in front but not much cover. Didn't matter it seemed a bit desolate other than some clanking and popping sounds on the second level. 

From the across I can see words splattered on the inside of door as if to add even further intimidation. 

Death who comes.

Bold of them to assume. If I do find the boss of this place I'll make them eat their words. Truly. There's no way Jae-Hwa runs this. 

The noises above get louder. For a second I hear what sounds like a muffled scream. Though the weird friction against my shoes draws me to facing the ground instead. Such a weird almost semi-sticky sensation. 

Down I look. 

There's blood everywhere. Seeping through the boxes. I press on the box above, a sloshing noise ensues. It reminded me of my parents. Part of what I used to do for them. "Disposal". 

I was overcome with a feeling of hatred, for myself, for this, being here. What the hell I was doing. This person, people, in these boxes would never get their closure if they stayed sealed up here in this warehouse. The anger filled me more. 

Glancing behind me I could see Ju-won's switchblade. I grabbed it before he could stop me and ripped into the box with the blade. Barely a some centimeters was the cut, but I'd done it so jagged and the bodies had been secured in so carelessly that it just came pouring out, destroying the box. 

"Ay!" Ju-won yelled. Moving back and away as fast as he could. Holding his mouth as he processed what was coming out from the destroyed thin cardboard. I'm surprised it even held it up before this. 

All I could do was stare.  Blood soaked into my feet and the bottom of my pants. 

The noises from above suddenly got quiet. Taken over by the whooshing of the blood as it crawled all over the floor soaking into everything it could reach. It sounded more like I had opened a dam than what must have contained the everything of maybe 3 or 4 dead people. 

Though I was more sure the smell was what had caught the attention of the individuals already here. 

I was used to it. From then.

Anger filled in me even more. 

Suddenly a man jumped from the second level partially down the stares to facing exactly where we were at. He had a small smirk as he had jumped, but when he saw the mess surrounding me and the look on my face terror overtook his being. A visible shake in his arm. 

He was still holding devices of torture he must have been using. Still splattered in blood from what had to have been another dead person above us. My whole chest became consumed with heat and my vision slowed while I focused on strictly him. 

Before he could even say a word or come at me I hopped to the corner with the least blood and used it as friction on the dry spot to slide myself forward and toward him. He was going to swing at my side, but I just used the hilt of the switchblade to smash into his face. The crack of his cheekbone was even louder than the second yell coming from Ju-won, who was desperately trying to get to me, but falling the whole time. He definitely was not used to this type of scene. 

"Ana! Get back here!" He yelled again. Finally I'm able to understand him.

It's then I hear another noise. I look up. There's lights glaring into a crack in the front door, the sound was an engine. 

Ju-won reaches me, grabbing me with blood soaked fingers while I snatch the injured guy's phone from his pocket before kneeing him hard enough to knock the wind out of him. He falls to the ground, Ju-won leads us to another hiding spot closer to the side door. Everything is clear and concise, like a horror show, before us. 

The lights outside kickoff. The door opens. 

In steps Jae-Hwa.

A/N: This song is so wonderful. lol >.< sorry its a bit gory.