Chapter 29

Two weeks later....

"Can you please explain to me why am I driving to the clinic with you" Candi asked keeping her eyes on the road.

"I'm just not feeling good" I said. I was sweating bullets lately so I always wear long sleeve shirts to wipe off my forehead.

"I know that. But we both know why" she said sharply looking over to me. I sighed. I didn't say anything causing minutes of silence.

"I seen the tests in the waste basket" she said quietly. I swallowed my spit.

"what test" I asked clearing my throat.

"Stop acting stupid. Your speaking with me not mom or anyone else. Who's the kid for" I sighed.

"I'm not pregnant the rest all came back negative" I said rambling.

"Negative? Six of them out of eight were positive. Where do you get negative from" she said. I must have read the box wrong. I looked down at my stomach.

"Who is it for" Candi asked. I sat quietly.

"You know what...it's ok if you don't want to say. But I hope your intentions are that your keeping this baby." Im still trying to wrap my head around the idea of me having a kid. I sat there quietly for the rest of the ride.

......

"Hey Lil mama" the doctor said coming in with a clipboard. She looked up.

"Oop I guess not. Onika Maraj correct?" She said. I nodded.

"Your only 5'2? Damn I wish I was that lucky maybe I wouldn't have to break my back to suck dick" she mumbled to herself. Candi giggled. She looked up again.

"Oh my god how unprofessional of me Sorry I thought I said that in my head." She said apologizing. She sat in the spinning chair and spun in it then stop looking at me.

"Ok so your 18 correct" she said looking at me.

"Yes" I said . She looked over at Candi.

"And this is"

"My best friend" she nodded.

"Ok and I see that you were diagnosed with Early Satiety about three years ago and that you've recently have not been feeling well. Correct?" I nodded.

"Can you tell me exactly what's going on" I explained to her everything and how I've been feeling lately. She made me pee in a cup to run a few test and she examined my body doing the basics.

"Ok the lab results should be sent to me in like ten more minutes but I'm going to do an ultrasound on your too check if you don't have any viruses or digestive issues" I nodded.

"Ok but first I have to talk to you Onika alone so best friend can you step outside really quick I'll let you know when we're done" she said to Candi. Candi looked at me and I nodded. She got up and went out. The doctor faced me crossing her legs.

"Ok so Onika from what your described to me about what's going on are symptoms of pregnancy. I'm pretty sure you are pregnant but lets not give you a scare just yet. But what I really wanted to talk about is that I've noticed on your record is that you had a miscarriage back in 2016 correct?" I nodded swallowing my spit. "Ok well Onika not all the symptoms you described to me are the symptoms of pregnancy."