Chapter 12

2 days ago

"Oh Onika I'm pleased to see you made it to school today" I rolled my eyes as my first period teacher took roll.

"Ok class today we will be working on Business...for the rest of the week you will partner with someone that I choose and you both will have to go out and create a pretend business but you will make it seem real. Basically a business you both agree on and make it seem realistic. The details are in this packet. Here you all go next I will tell your partner" she handed out the packets and smirked for some reason when she got to me. She went back to her desk pulling a piece of paper. She read the partners.

"Zane and Renea, and last but not least Onika and Omari" I was confused because I didn't even know none of the people here.

"Ok everyone go to there partner" I sat down hoping the person would come to me but no one did.

"Onika, Omari is their a problem you two seem to not be together" I looked at my teacher and squinted my eyes at her. I rolled my eyes and got up going to the only person who didn't have anyone seating next to them.

"You Omari" I asked the boy. Tattoos covered all over his arms and some on his neck. He was my skin color but maybe a little darker. He had a eyebrow piercing and one earring on his right ear. He looked at me with his grayish eyes which low key made me melt.

"Yeah wassup" he had this accent but I didn't know where from. I sat down where at the seat across him.

"The teacher partnered us up the thing this" I pointed at the packet and he just stared at me.

"You new here?" He asked.

"Wouldn't exactly say new but somewhat I came here a month ago"

"Yeah me too got kicked out of my old school" I nodded.

"So what business should we do" I said trying to converse.

"It's up to you hermosa" he said with his strong accent. I looked at him confused.

"What does that mean"

"Don't worry about it"

"Ok then...what are you most interested in"

"Girls, smoking, cars, tattoos, piercings and good pussy" I rolled my eyes.

"What are you" I asked.

"A human"

"No as in your ethnicity"

"I'm Columbian and African American. I'm mixed" I nodded. That explained his accent and skin color.

"What are you?" He asked me.

"I'm Trinidadian born in Trinidad and raised when I was five in New York"

"Yeah you got that mixed accent... so your the Onika girl everyone talking about is a bad ass" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yup that's my name but bad ass nope just don't fuck with people like that"

"Yeah me too I hardly talk to anyone"

"Your talking to me"

"That's because I have to not because I want to. This assignment is probably half of my grade. Don't get that fucked up" I sat there quiet.

"Yeah whatever could we start now...what catches your most attention"

"Cute big booty bitches" I huffed.

"This is no use" I mumbled. Trying to be nice obviously wasn't working.

"Nigga what material things do you like things that are able to be sold"