Chapter 38

Two days later...

"I SWEAR YOUR STUPID!" I heard after walking into my home after a long day of teachers nagging about end-of-year tests and customers bitchin with a heavy ass bookbag and purse in my hands. An annoyed Candi walked by me to the kitchen which was on the left once you walked in the two-story apartment.

"onika get your baby daddy" she murmured. I forgot I told Meek to come and help me put up a chandelier in our living room that I found in the mall the other day.  I walked in the living room and Meek was standing on a chair screwing the chandelier into the ceiling just above the dining table. SpongeBob was playing on our T.V. set. I sat my bags on the couch, Candi's purse was on the table so I grabbed it and looked through because Candi was the plug for snacks and stuff. I found lollipops and grabbed two putting one in my pocket and unwrapping the other popping it in my mouth.

"hi baby" I said to meek walking closer to him. he got off the chair and hugged me.

"wassup ma" he said.

"Nicki explain to me why this motherfuker in our house trying to argue with me about spongebob?" Candi said walking in with a bowl of popcorn.

"How the fuck is a sponge under the sea?" Meek said grimacing.

"its a cartoon. fiction. not real"

"the fuck? this the shit kids today be watching about  fucking sponge in pants. Where the fuck his shirt at" I laughed at them bickering with each other over a kids cartoon show.

"he's under the sea he don't need one"

"how bout the girl. Where the fuck her shirt at wearing these short ass skirts. Prolly throwing it back for spongebob. How the fuck her name sandy but yet she under the sea"

"you know what imma go watch it in my room. annoying ass nigga" candi took her bowl of popcorn stumped upstairs.

"oval head ass" meek yelled out at her.

"gorilla head ass" she yelled out before we heard a slam.

"your annoying" I said still laughing he just shrugged. I hugged him and looked up at him.

"what you wanna eat handyman" before he got to say a word his phone rang. I unlatched from him and he answered his phone.

"speak" I rolled my eyes at how rude he was.

"yeah this is he"

"child services? the fuck" i looked at him.

"FUCK YOU MEAN? WHERES HER MOM" Meek yelled into the phone squeezing it tightly.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS YO! IM on my way" with that said meek hung the phone up.

"everythings ok?" I asked watching him to rush put on his shoes.

"Shaniyah forgot my fucking kid in her car." he mumbled he grabbed my keys and kissed my forehead and left. I was going to offer to go with him but I was just too in shock to say or move. Aww poor baby. Shes probably crying her lungs out. My stomach then started rumbling.

"Damn im hungry" I mumbled to myself. I grabbed a apple and yogurt out the fridge along with a spoon  from the cabinet then made  my way to my room. But even before i got to eat i fell asleep.

......
The apple ringtone woke me up from deep nap. I snatched it from my dresser and answered it.

"What!"

"Is this Onika Tanya Maraj?" I heard a voice of a lady say in a formal way. I sat up before answering.

"Yes"